Lloyds Banking Group Chat šŸŽ

App shows the same screen, hence I tried Online Banking

1 Like

Club Lloyds account opened :smiling_face_with_sunglasses: :horse:

I have instant access to my card details - is this a new thing?

1 Like

Seems like it. Usually happens over night.

Maybe virtual cards are closer than we think!

1 Like

Hopefully. Lloyds does seem to be the next best legacy bank in terms of tech after NatWest (if we just ignore the frequent LBG outages) so it would make sense that they’d be next to being them out. Especially as they only have 2x brands to worry about now.

2 Likes

Maybe it will be a Natwest and take 7 working days to open the Virtual Card :rofl:

2 Likes

While tossing physicals into the fire.

3 Likes

Yes, create the physical, write down the numbers, throw away the physical card and give the user their new ā€œvirtualā€ card

3 Likes

NWG is surely more legacy than LBG. What do you mean spend limits can’t be updated over the weekend? SOs taking two working days to set up or ammend? DDs never showing up until one is paid out?

Account opening taking days?
Switch account type, that also takes days.

2 Likes

Didn’t NatWest change account opening to be quicker? Or am I imagining that? You now get new card details immediately after replacing your card.

I’m about to start using NatWest again for their Digital Regular Saver as I want to save every month for the next three years and the compounding is :chart_increasing: :chart_increasing: :chart_increasing:. Alongside probably a Chase Regular Saver or maybe the Santander one. Haven’t decided yet.

It was supposed to have changed where you had immediate access to the app and the account yeah

Anyone actually ever had a Lloyd’s referral paid out?

I posted links a long time ago across a few places and I only got a text about one sign-up today.

Meanwhile Zopa I’m waiting on 5 people who are applying :joy:

1 Like

Yes, I got 5 in the last round of £50, 0 so far in this one of £30. I also maxed Zopa but with this new one none has even signed up.

May be in the last two months.

You are doing this for many accounts now :grin:

1 Like

I have one in this round of Lloyd’s, got zero last time. For Zopa I maxed the 10 out before and two in the second round (which disappeared) and then in this third round I’m at 5 ā€œapplication startedā€. Not sure what that means (like they’ve signed up but not paid, or they literally have just started inputting their information and nothing else) to be honest.

Starling maxed out as well :slight_smile: hopefully Starling Business give me a chance but right now it’s in the ā€œcurrently testing a new schemeā€ bit.

No one has ever signed up to my Revolut link since they started a referral scheme either… annoying. Before I signed like 5-10 people up at university.

1 Like

Someone started application but has not yet completed. Probably stopped at verification of number.

I like to try out these banks again every now and then. DRS is a genuinely good product though.

So I might as well be at 0 then :joy: great

This offer has come at a good time when I wanted some frozen items that are also some kind of promo of 10 for £10.

3 Likes

Noticed today :nerd_face:


I think they should do away with these numbers and may be just tell people it is poor, fair, good, excellent, etc.
I see people losing sleep because the score went down by 3 points

2 Likes

My friend was messaging me the other day about her closing a credit card she never used and moved house, then said she was fuming about the score drop and she pays £15 to Experian to track it.

I was blunt as always. ā€œStop paying Experian to follow a number they made up which doesn’t make any sense because only you ever see itā€.

Shes now £180 a year better off and tracks her file for free with ClearScore :joy:

4 Likes