Launching Pots

I’d say there’s a very good chance it’s today but I don’t think we’ve seen an actual, published date to confirm that.

I’m constantly in the Play Store looking for updates, so if pots do appear today I’ll definitely try getting the first post in haha! :wink:

Can’t wait for them! It’s going to be such a handy feature for allocating funds :grinning:

I would hasitate to say today. Beta App has not received any update usually Beta gets an update few days before the non-beta version.

I think the beta gets patches 1 week before, and experimental brach features through the hidden development menu. It doesn’t receive every update before the release channel, hence why I’m asking :slight_smile:

On the iOS side, TestFlight got pots over the weekend with the main release on Monday (I think). So if you want to take that as a model then I agree it looks a little more unlikely.

…and here is your confirmation, I’m afraid.

Shame, but when you’re dealing with people’s money - better to get it right.

3 Likes

I loved the monzo.me payment function on the prepaid card. Could you introduce monzo.me payments direct to a pot. I am getting married in a few months and have asked for money towards our honeymoon for our wedding gift, it would be great if I could use a URL to add to our wedding website that would allow people to put money directly into the pot I have created for the honeymoon fund.

16 Likes

For now, you could set up the Monzo.me link to use “Honeymoon Fund :honey_pot::full_moon:” as the description. Then search for this string in your main transaction feed, and you’ll get a total amount for all transactions with this string that you can transfer into the Pot.

At the moment, you can’t go ‘into’ a pot to see transactions against it, with I think will be necessary before we can transfer directly into pots.

4 Likes

Is it just me getting frustrated swiping through 10 pots to get to the 11th that I want to transfer in/out of? :man_shrugging:t2:

Call me old fashioned but I would really like a list view with the ability to reorder :joy:

5 Likes

You, sir, are old fashioned!

Back in the late 1990s, web developers discovered sideways scrolling was not a great idea. It’s as though that collective experience has been lost :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I am on Android, so none yet, however, I would be seeking one for each of my children for Birthdays, then Christmas, Car Insurance, House Insurance, House Maintenance, iPad Pro (my personal wishlist lol), Boiler Maintenance, PiggyBank (what some may class as Rainy Day, and then leave my personal spending funds in the main account.

So, I too, would have many, that are currently monitored using a Financial Program and held in one account with Tesco at 1.16% (Life changing interest . . . NOT!)

I have Goals with Starling at the moment for some of these, as a trial.

Not decided on one bank or the other yet. Too early, in my mind.

1 Like

The majority are for my kids and my hobbies.

My football
His football
His other football
His rugby
His guitar
Rainy day
Christmas
Tech budget
Holiday
Keep the change

Pretty sure there are a couple more but only those I can remember.

1 Like

Now the amounts are custom it’s great. I really like the concept of splitting up funds into pots. Though currently I am only using it for manual payments due to no automation or overdraft. Once they are in place I will be splitting it further to include bills, transport, insurances etc.

Yawn… Still waiting for the Android version :wink:

1 Like

Will pots ever be able to be tied to a separate card? With the pre-paid, it was incredibly handy to put everything in for my day to day spend so I could stick to my budget. If I was 4 days away from payday and my pre-paid was low, I’d know to scale back.

Really gonna miss the pre-paid

Ever is a long time so who knows. If you have more than you want to spend in your account, however, you flip this idea around and put what you want to keep in a pot so ony the rest is available for spending.

Missing the point. Most people don’t tuck money into savings (eg: a pot) until the end of the month once they are close to payday. The value of the pre-paid, was that you could dedicate your budget to certain things (eg: transport, eating out, pubs, entertainment, etc) and leave your current account for bills and groceries.

If you think about the number of times you pull out your physical card every month, most of that will align to the former cases.

1 Like

True, but as the discussion related to moving from the pre-paid, I was working on the basis that you already had a current account that you do all that with and we were just talking about the money that used to go on the pre-paid card. That may have been a wrong assumption but you didn’t say either way.

If you’re saying you want to do a full current account migration and achieve what you’re asking then that’s a different question. To solve that one you either need card-from-a-pot as you say, or the inverse which would be DDs-from-a-pot.

I switched from day one or near to it. New current is great, but it lacks the hard rules that the pre-paid had by default, once you’re at zero, you can’t use it anymore. Binding a pot to a card let’s you segment/harshly budget your money a bit better, though that’s not saying pots in and of itself aren’t useful on their own

2 Likes