Known Issues + Bugs Retail/Food Vendors 👜🍕

Manchester Metrolink declines Contactless payments but will accept chip and pin.

Hi Nick,

This thread is for retail and food. The issue with Manchester Metrolink is already reported in the travel one: Known Issues + Bugs Transport 🚙

1 Like

Apologies. Didn’t realise there were specific threads! Thanks

1 Like

Issue in ‘Greggs’ using Contactless.

I’ve had an issue using the card in Tesco, chip and pin payment. This may be because I requested £20 cash back…Not sure if this is a known issue?

Correct, cashback is not supported on any of the current Monzo cards.

This due to it being a prepaid card. Once we have a full current account running the debit cards associated with that should allow Cashback

(that comment not a reply to RichardR who well aware of that but for newer members of our community)

http://brandedvending.co.uk 's machines don’t appear to work with Monzo cards in any way at all. Had to resort to Android pay

I have been using my card at Greg’s for a good week, contactless and chip +pin with no issues. This is branch inside an esso petrol station but they are using a separate till system.

Greggs worked fine for me today with contactless. It was a new machine though not one of their old machines with the big touch pad

Contactless at Morrisons worked for me today!

However it seems to have gone through as a delayed/offline transaction.

1 Like

Contactless worked fine art Greggs today. But it was at a Moto motorway services.

Edit: corrected spelling error.

Declined without notification (is that what happens at those above too?) on Huel website which uses Shopify, recurringcheckout.com.

1 Like

I expect you’ll want to find out what happened there from our support team. I’m curious to know too so if you ask, please do let us know what they say!

Use contactless all the time in Greggs never had a problem. Always fails in Morrisons unfortunately without chip & pin.

1 Like

Unfortunately they think it’s Huel’s fault and that Monzo isn’t getting the request for payment…

I don’t really see how, because I’ve tested with and without enough money on my card to cover the transaction:

• Without sufficient funds - Monzo (correctly) shows decline
  • With sufficient funds - Monzo shows nothing at all

Obviously Huel doesn’t have this information, so there’s no way they are/n’t requesting the payment depending on whether or not I have enough money!

Has anyone seen something similar?

3 Likes

Hmm I think you’ve done some pretty good testing there, it sounds like someone from Monzo’s technical team might need to look into that…

2 Likes

Support have since followed up again, they reckon it’s 3DS/Huel otherwise not accepting prepaid cards; won’t be resolved until Monzo becomes a current account.

Unless Huel/Shopify has some workaround for prepaid cards, I suppose.

2 Likes

That sounds more like it :slight_smile: thanks for letting us know.

1 Like

Just to add I couldn’t use my card on a parking meter either, tried contactless and pin both were declined.

1 Like