Just Landed: See Your Flight Details Inside Monzo!

The BA Amex definitely does still :slight_smile:

It would be great if we can see flight status in real-time (without leaving the monzo app/feed).

2 Likes

I like this idea, I like it a lot however…

the amount of detail varies from airline to airline

Would be nice to know what airlines just to set expectations etc.

3 Likes

:thinking: didn’t show anything this time.

Oh that’s cool. Does it give a flight date? Would be interesting to see what the app could offer if it knew where and when you were traveling.

For example, the day before it could give you a quick breakdown of some useful information when traveling abroad and using your card. Specific to the country and pulled from the wikis here. ATM info, if mag strip might need to be enabled and so on.

5 Likes

Did you do it just now? The blog says it comes with the presentment, which happens a day or so after authorisation.

Check again tomorrow afternoon (when it stops saying pending at the bottom of the detail view) :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It would be amazing if train tickets gave you similar info and made it possible to send a reminder if it detected the train was delayed/cancelled and that you should claim delay repay compensation.

1 Like

Pinned transactions would be great. Do you think same could be done for cinema tickets? Like a reminder of date/time and pinned until the showing has been?

2 Likes

Love this. :heart_eyes::raised_hands:t3:

1 Like

Want train ticket too!

4 Likes

Google places ratings and pictures… maybe you could get some form of kickback of services or something from the big A, as it would no doubt build up their data set

It would be great if this could be extended to more things such as hotel booking or order from Amazon or ASOS etc

3 Likes

My Ryanair booking reference did appear in the transaction notes once it settled.

3 Likes

Hi - i always use a Credit card to book flights as you are more covered in case of a cancellation etc… or i am i wrong about this?

I work on this assumption too …

Generally yeah but debit cards can offer some sort of protection with chargebacks.

Strangely when looking at Payment Provider documentation, a lot of them don’t even offer the ability to tell them any kind of metadata about the transaction, so passing this on to Mastercard is difficult enough.

Flights and other stuff which causes you to be “out of the country” is very useful. If I arrive in a country with expensive roaming fees, so I don’t turn my phone on, Monzo can still know that I’m abroad by looking up the flight details, and that should help prevent false positives with fraud! :smiley:

Im waiting for the daybwhen trx do similar - its just data in xml. Imagine getting your tesco receipt as an attachment to the payment :grin:

1 Like

Kinda makes me wish I could link Monzo with my email so it could pull metadata from purchase confirmations etc.

I love that Gmail identifies flights, hotels, other transport and more and bundles it into trips and plots it on a calender.

It’d be great if Monzo could pull information from an Amazon order confirmation, show an itemized receipt, categorise each product and so on.

1 Like

This is a nice addition. American Express charge cards have done this for 5years + though and i’ve always wondered why more companies didnt do so too.:man_shrugging: