✅ Joint Account cards should be different colour!

My preference would have been a different colour - But for me, it was a very minor gripe.

One thing I’ve actually noticed to be a help is the “Braille” on the card (those 2 little dots).

I can literally not even look and know what card I’m getting - Didn’t expect to value this so much, but the last couple of days have been great.

Where your preference is to have 2 different accounts, mine is having it all in the same place - But that’s just different priorities.

5 Likes

I have no need for a joint account at present, but I agree that the same colour card (or one with ‘Joint’ written in the corner) isn’t a great experience. My feeling is that Monzo have failed to bring any innovation to this area.

I like the premise of colour over a visual design drawn on the card, and feel a Starling lead here with different colours for different account types.

I know the argument is that the Hot Coral is ‘the brand’ but with each party required to hold a sole account, there would always be more Hot Coral than joint account cards in distribution.

2 Likes

I’m not sure that any other bank has different designs for personal and joint accounts?

Anyone know of one?

I think a different colour would be the most useful (I know a few people have suggested using one of the other colours in the Monzo logo - fantastic idea), but with the current joint account design.

1 Like

They should have have patented it, if not is a good idea. Btw in this way you are also defaulting all the online payment to the default account. I think two card give you better control on you money and your shared ones

Hopefully all the constructive criticism will be taken on board. Yep it’s a bit of a no brained in most cases to have a different coloured card to some users. But I imagine the reason for the same coloured card would be down to branding. The coral card is their baby :+1:t2:

Most likely down to cost I’d imagine. Having another bespoke coloured plastic made will cost more and it also means that there will be smaller quantities ordered for each colour. The more you order the more you save, so having them all the same colour will be cheaper.

1 Like

Was about to create a new thread regarding the Joint Account COlour, would it be possible to change this to a different colour, so you don’t accidently use your joint account card to pay for a large (amount of unexplained drinks in a pub)! The Joint Account name is quite small and if happen to have blurred vision, or be in a dark club :wink: :wink: :wink: this is quite difficult!

Could be joined with the Glow in Dark Card idea :slight_smile:

Thanks

2 Likes

That one has already been discussed to the minutest detail, I’m afraid, and I’m pretty sure that the answer remains a firm No. Sorry :pensive:

1 Like

Awh well! I know it has :slight_smile: don’t have the time to read through all the detail haha :slight_smile: Maybe it will still on the ideas for a few more years but I really, really think that it will change cards as you know it!

1 Like

No. But until the advent of the fintech banks it wasn’t a requirement to have both a personal and joint account.

4 Likes

My wife and I went #fullmonzo joint account a few weeks ago.

It’s been a great improvement over our previous bank on many levels BUT…

The two biggest pain points for us has been the lack of pots (I’m bouncing money to and from my personal account pots while we wait for this to arrive) and the colour of the cards. I understand that the team are working hard on addressing joint account pots but the card design unfortunately now seems set in stone.

We’ve both accidentally used the wrong card (me twice!) as they look too much alike.

I get that the branding guys want to keep the coral craze thing alive but we both have and use our personal coral cards. What we both want is function over form. Something like this:

3 Likes

I agree and sadly I can’t see it happening anytime soon. A lot of people asked for this but they chose the design that you’re seeing now. Here are my thoughts from earlier in this discussion:

Couldn’t agree more.

A different colour to Hot Coral would mean they could get rid of the fugly ‘JOINT ACCOUNT’ badge, and giving different colours to joint account co–holders would mean you couldn’t mistake your partner’s card for your own.

Some sort of symbol or something other than just colour would be needed for those who are colour blind.

1 Like

Replacing the ‘joint’ in top left corner of card with a strip of colour would be great!

Along with the joint account cards, could we also differentiate between the two accounts on the app with stronger visuals? Perhaps the joint account background could be a different shade of colour or the option to customise/set colour yourself? I have difficulty knowing what account i’m in when I’m on the home/balance screen and going into the account tab to check each time is becoming a bit tedious. :crossed_fingers:t3:

1 Like

Hi! Really benefit from Monzo in controlling our finances. Hence as well as individual cards, my wife and I decided also to have a joint account. Though Monzo claim this joint card has a ‘different design’ this is a very minimal small ‘joint account’ lozenge at the top. As a consequence, it is very easy to present the wrong card. I have written to Monzo, who will pass my comments onto their designers but they suggested that I post this onto the forum, to ascertain if others feel the same way. So I have…

5 Likes

we have just opened a joint acc and been using it now for a month,
to date no issues using the wrong plastic card. more of an issue recognising the card in Apple pay.
but I find the JOINT ACCOUNT highlighted in bold wight good enough

Different colour for Joint card - VOTED!

Personally I’d love the joint account card to be one the card colours available via plus/premium, or to have a notch cut out of it like the transferwise borderless card does:

TransferWisecard4%402x

Between us my partner and I have 4 cards, and they’re all effectively identical.

(I also have a not-so-common problem of having a stack of 20 monzo cards from beta testing too, but that’s just me)

1 Like