It’s Glowtime – Apple announces iPhone 16 event

If/when I upgrade, if I get the new one delivered, can I go back to a store a week later and trade-in my ancient iPhone to clear the Barclays finance?

I’m not local to a store and if I have to do it all in one go, I’ll probs have to wait until Tuesday! Urgh!

The last time I upgraded they sent a box a few days/weeks later to send the old one back. I don’t recall whether or not there was an option to return the old one to a store.

If I recall correctly the money came back as a refund to my credit card This is incorrect (my recall was bad). See my next comment :arrow_down:

My best guess is that if you take their credit and pay the deposit with a debit card the refund would go to the debit card.

1 Like

It’s one of those things that could go either way. Maybe I’ll go on my day off. I really don’t want £600+ in Apple credit and 2x £50 a month to pay.

You can only trade in as an upgrade if don’t want an Apple Gift Card, so you would have to trade in and buy a new device.

My previous comment was incorrect in that I only initially paid the cost of the new phone minus the trade in value of the old phone. Had the old phone not been received by Apple (or my estimation of the condition hadn’t been truthful) then they would have taken any difference from my credit card.

1 Like

Previously I’ve just handed back the old iPhone, Apple deal with paying off Barclays and I start again. That’s what I want to do but by getting the new iPhone delivered and then either sending off the old one to clear the finance or taking it back to store.

I’m probably making it more complicated than it needs to be and I should just wait/put the effort in to go to store.

edit

Actually, thinking about it they are not conditional on each other at all. I could walk in to Apple today, hand over my current phone and they would clear the finance. So I can just do that the following week. Easy!

Happy iPhone day everyone, don’t forget to pray to Tim Apple so all your dreams come true. I bet I end up ordering.

6 Likes

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

1 Like

I can add it to my pile of phones that seem to be growing. :joy:

1 Like

Ill end up ordering even if its not great lol

The Tim Apple effect.

2 Likes

Sucker for something new lol

1 Like

At least it will include the revolutionary capture button.

1 Like

My 15 Pro battery health is now at 90%, do I just get the battery replaced or buy the latest iPhone…

I don’t need to upgrade in the slightest, nothing is even jumping to make me want to upgrade either.

My issue is the Barclays 0% finance. I pay £50 a month for 2 years. So whether I upgrade or not, I’m paying £50 a month. If I don’t upgrade, then in 12 months I’ll have paid it off completely, and then what will I do, I’ll upgrade. So I’ll never be at £0 per month finance.

In conclusion, get me in the queue.

1 Like

If you upgrade yearly or at least every 2 years then it makes sense if you don’t mind paying. It only doesn’t make sense if you keep phones until they are junk then just buy whatever is the newest at the time.

My parents are still on an iPhone 12 and XR for example.

That £50 is just built in to my budget now.

If I thought for a second that I’d get to this time next year with a 15 and go “Meh, I’ll skip the 17 too” then I wouldn’t bother. But it won’t happen.

Here’s hoping bronze looks good! Or I’ll have to go black/dark for the first time since the iPhone 5!

2 Likes

Same. Pixel is on its way to Poland by now.

3 Likes

1 Like

Did everyone see the video leak? it’s either a leak or really convincing

Link?