iPhone Discussion

Better than Partner Finance over 24?

Says 4.9% APR on Apple’s website?

I don’t wanna pay any interest. I scoff at Sky’s inflated RRPs in place of interest, but the launch offers combined with piggyback discounts usually more than makes up for it in value.

It’s 0% at check out. I just tried it.

3 Likes

4.9% for everything but iPhone. Apparently they’re also turning it into an iUP-sort of thing minus guaranteed trade in value.

Not sure how the trade in works though.

1 Like

Trade in just reduces your monthly payments by the amount of trade in value you receive spread over 24 months.

1 Like

Sorry, should have meant trading in and upgrading. The 0% iPhone loan says you can upgrade at any time, and depending on the phone value they’ll either settle the loan for you or tell you what the difference is

Just not sure how they’ll match things up and know that the phone has a loan on it to be paid off.

1 Like

Where does it say this?

I always thought you had to pay it off yourself.

1 Like

Again, no idea how it works but would love to know.

2 Likes

I might pop in to Apple in a bit and ask

2 Likes

Please do! I’m curious to know what the answer is.

1 Like

Last time I tried to go on the full upgrade program when I was getting an 11 Pro I was rejected, but got the same phone for the same monthly payments with regular finance :thinking: Never did figure out the logic but never mind, these days I buy outright have kept a lot of my older models as collectors items.

Does this help?

Does this screen come up when you choose to trade in an iPhone with a loan on?

And is the £100-odd the full amount you still owe?

The Apple Store is down https://www.apple.com/uk/store

1 Like

Interesting… the event is not for another 5 hours, they usually take it down moments after the event to allow updating for the iPhone 15’s. hopefully they’ll slip up (X to doubt.jpg here) and show us the iPhone 15 officially before launch

Pretty sure it always closes down in advance of the event. And in advance of pre order. Feel it is nothing to see here?

This is last year, 6 hours before the event:

4 Likes

It goes down every year around 12noon UK time.

2 Likes

Ah, so nothing to see. I thought it was after the event… I guess it makes sense, 6 hours to prep the pages

It always closes way before the event. Apple need the hype, they don’t sell enough devices as it is.

4 Likes

Sounds like it’s super easy. You can trade in and they’ll clear the finance or you can let the finance carry on, either or. Stupidly I didn’t ask what happens if my trade-in is higher than the left to pay, but I’m always happy to take an Apple gift card which is what I’d imagine will happen.

He said they don’t really care about scratches on it, just any cracks.

So I’ll see what the trade-in value is when they update it online and plan from there.

2 Likes