iPhone Discussion

I’ll ask him and check, what’s odd is my aunties iPhone 12 had the same issue, but a backup and restore worked for her…

I guess I’m lucky that I don’t need that to access company apps on my personal phone

It just needs the profile configuring correctly. Before I retired I used to have an employer-supplied profile on my personal iPhone and it didn’t interfere with any of the personal features.

1 Like

Fair enough, some companies go mad with restrictions on their profiles, they give themselves the ability to wipe your phone completely for example. I know the Lloyds one does, just to access teams

They’re probably not necessary for most people. But one or more will be a nice to have that clinches the upsell.

For me it’s definitely Pro Motion, and the better cameras rather than the Tele specifically.

I’d feel conned paying £850 for the regular and missing out on the these. The saving just isn’t big enough for something that will last me two to three years.

7 Likes

That’s very fair. I’ll be watching along with the launch to see if, perhaps this time, there’s a feature to clinch my upsell :eyes:.

1 Like

Can’t wait for the event tomorrow

Dropped my iPhone this morning, it’s got a crack down the back - can’t feel it - so (un)fortunately not catastrophic enough to warrant a replacement! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oops, I just dropped it again. clumsy me!

2 Likes

I’m trying to work out who to use for my trade-in.

I fear a downgrade to “average” or whatever because there are a few scratches/marks that you can feel with your finger. It’s got good coverage so I could just hit it with a hammer and pay the excess

RepairOutlet seem to be the best bet. Highest first price and second.

Top of the list only give me 7 days so they’re not in contention.

RepairOutlet will give me £651 for my 13 Pro Max - Mazuma will give me £615 - How long does RepairOutlet to ship off, the same 14 days?

They all seem to be 14 days with the exception of GoodBuyTech

1 Like

My iPhone 12 Pro keeps freezing randomly, not sure what the reason is…

1 Like

Try doing a full reset without restoring a backup, they can sometimes get corrupted

1 Like

I’m tempted to start afresh on the new iPhone rather than restore a backup. But I have about 200 apps and downloading them all and logging into each will be a chore.

In terms of trade in, I think I’ll have a go at a MusicMagpie kiosk once the 15 is with me

1 Like

I am planning on doing the same, and also it will also force me into making a conscious decision as to whether I need to download the app or not. I have a lot of apps on my phone I don’t even use, or rarely open.

2 Likes

There’s a feature in the app store for ‘Apps not on this iPhone’ to help you re-download them at least

Same!

1 Like

Well, it’s official. I’ll be missing live coverage of my first Apple Event since (I believe) iPhone 4.

I’m really quite sad about it. I love the discourse for these events live as they happen, both with friends, and strangers on here and on discord.

1 Like

For those who’s upgrading; will you be pre-ordering online for delivery or going into store on launch date and queuing up.
I may brace the queues.

1 Like