iPhone Discussion

That blue was so boring on the 12 Pro. The grey is looking good though. Every year I swear I’ll get white and every year there’s a colour.

1 Like

The blue being quite green is tempting me, but I think grey is winning atm.

Roll on Tuesday

Grey for me, but it doesn’t matter too much as I’ll be slapping on a black case on day one.

2 Likes

I always end up with the “Space Grey” colour :smiley:

2 Likes

With the “base level” phone getting the 48MP camera, is there much point in the regular punter going for a Pro or above model?

Telephoto, ProMotion, new chip, non-USB2.0 speeds.

2 Likes

Still getting the pro max. Love the bigger screen and the body is narrower and shorter this year

1 Like

I bought the 14 Pro mainly for the display and the telephoto. But I use the latter so infrequently due to how poor it is compared to the main camera that I forget it’s even there.

I think there are enough upgrades to the base model 15 like USB-C, 48MP main cam and Dynamic Island, that a lot of people will be considering it as an ‘upgrade’ from 2+ year old Pro models unless they really want ProMotion or just don’t care about the money.

I did a base model one year, and decided never again

3 Likes

I know this isn’t a tech support thread… but has anyone seen this happen before?

Can’t access the iCloud settings, iOS 16.6.1

I tried a backup and restore. Didn’t fix it

I think the backup is corrupt, but I don’t want to fully reset my uncles phone

Ios17 is out in a week or so, could just update to ios17, see if it works and then take the beta off either way. It would then install stock ios17 when it comes out.

1 Like

As someone who has never gone Pro, Plus, Ultra, Amazeballs++ etc, this is fascinating to hear because

none of the exclusive features being touted for this generation are necessary for me & my use case; I think the base will be adequate.

1 Like

Some people don’t want to pay a lot of money for adequate.

2 Likes

I was being rather tongue-in-cheek, to be honest.

An improved camera is a real, day-to-day, tangible improvement. The regular punter isn’t going to see the other differences between base and Pro shared above.

I mean that’s cool, that’s why Apple still sell a base model and a Pro.

For me, my phone represents ~80% of my computing usage (work laptop notwithstanding) and so I want to enjoy what I have in my hand. And for that the base model won’t do.

5 Likes

Check that Account Changes are still allowed under Screen Time.

That will grey iCloud settings out.

2 Likes

I don’t think there’s a dedicated (or active at least) Apple Watch thread so this is close enough - I noticed recently that Tesco and Nationwide got rid of their Apple Watch apps.

Thinking about it they’re the two apps I’d least expect to have ever bothered with a watch app in the first place, and they did seem quite buggy and I kept having to re-enable balance peeking for it in the iPhone app. I did find the watch apps fairly useful though. But it’s maybe interesting that banking apps have never really taken off with the watch. I’d have thought a quick way to check your balance without needing to get your phone out and open the app would be more useful to more people.

1 Like

That’s what she said (sorry I had to :joy:)

2 Likes

Any management profiles installed? I know where I work, iCloud gets disabled like this when we install a device management profile.

1 Like