iPhone Discussion

What happens though if you send it off in pristine condition and it comes back full of cracks and scratches. I’m not sure what rights we have here, or how we even fight or prove it, within a time scale that doesn’t continue to diminish the trade in value.

I suspect it’s those horror stories which are plentiful online that @ndrw is concerned about.

3 Likes

I’ve never had an issue with Mazuma to be honest. Always got the quoted price, which this week would be £615 for a 13 Pro Max 256GB

Was £640 last week

1 Like

No me neither. I’ve never had a problem with any I’ve used, and I think magpie is my favourite at the moment and the one I trust, given how Mazuma has changed hands since I last used them.

But for each service I’ve tried, there are reports of those incidents occurring to someone. So I fully understand and empathise with someone choosing to sacrifice a little extra in value for a method they have more confidence in.

The only time I’ve ever had a problem is when I tried to just sell it myself. You can get even more that way, but I’ll never do it again. From now on it gets traded in, kept, or donated.

3 Likes

True, private sales are more effort than they’re worth… My iPhone 8 (I think) I sold on ebay, they came back saying it needed a repair. rather than sending it back to me, they “already had it repaired” and demanded half the value of the phone or he’d report me to ebay

1 Like

If it doesn’t matter then why mention it at all!

Exactly. For every 10 success stories there will be X terrible experiences, and I don’t want the hassle of that over a few bob. That’s why I’ve been happy with the iUP so far, and might go back on it next year… but will see how the loan stuff works out. It is more comfortable, after all.

4 Likes

Not sold an iPhone privately since I got scammed for my iPhone 5S on eBay.

1 Like

Me either, I stay clear of selling privately now.

It’s only 1 bad experience, but it’s only takes 1 bad one to sour you forever

2 Likes

Same as above, sure the private seller market is better but is it worth all the hassle definitely not.

4 Likes

I sell a lot of stuff on Gumtree for cash sales. I think it’s an easy way to sell things frankly but you have to take probably 10% off the price you’d get on eBay in order to sell stuff fast / easily. You get more than you would from somewhere like CEX, I’ve never tried and iPhone or music magpie though.

I think any option is going to be somewhere along the continuum of convenience vs price!

1 Like

Silly but did give me a chuckle.

2 Likes

Now I managed to watch it, it’s cute. A way to get people on android

1 Like

Ten points if knew the blue was not white.

2 Likes

Apple need to spend some of their profits to buy more saturation down at the colour shop.

5 Likes

Might be the most boring standard iPhone colours yet.

1 Like

But then they wouldn’t be different which means people would think twice about upgrading

I wish they did the pro phones in product red.

2 Likes
1 Like

That’s a fake using a dummy model. You can tell by how poorly that glass back is fitted to the metal chassis.

Not terribly difficult to do given that everything about it has leaked.

2 Likes

Damn. That Blue’s getting tempting.

1 Like