iPhone Discussion

Like the $999 monitor stand?

2 Likes

That was hardly a mass market product though.

When it comes to iPhone accessories there are huge numbers of people who will spend whatever to get a genuine one. Silicon cases are already 2 - 4 times the cost of non-Apple ones and significantly worse quality than what you get third party for about 25% of the cost. Has that made them unpopular?

People will spend the money and then justify it somehow. Like Steve Jobs and Tim Cook, you just have to believe :rocket:

3 Likes

I guess it’s no worse than the £20 cloth and the £300 picture book they used to sell.

2 Likes

And lots of people don’t shop around.

“I’m buying this £1000+ phone, what cases do you have?”

Not everyone wants some cheapo case.

3 Likes

I know what you are saying, but not everyone buys the Pro (or the newest model) and not everyone will think a £109+ case is worth it either.

But yes millions will be sold regardless. It’s Apple after all.

There’s a huge pricing umbrella below £109 for cases to be significantly cheaper, but not cheapo.

5 Likes

Smorrz would disagree

Thicc

1 Like

Ooh… I like that case lol, but it’ll be ripped off on Aliexpress for £10 i’m sure, it’ll be just the same quality too

2 Likes

Current trade in for my Pro Max 12GB is £772

Currently debating starting the process now, I’ve got 14 days to get it to them, and then seeing if I can borrow an iPhone from someone for a few days until my new one arrives.

If the 15 is going to be later than 22nd release, then I just wouldn’t send it yet. Plus doing it this way, gives me the benefit that if they downgrade it based on the scratches, I could get it back and start doing the same with someone else, and obviously the value is higher right now, although I don’t expect it to drop massively. A new iPhone coming out isn’t a surprise!

Decisions decisions!

2 Likes

For me this will just likely be a bigger loss than usual years given not going for the trade in on iUP and have paid off and will sell separately. CeX offering ridiculously low prices (lower than Apple perhaps!)

1 Like

Yeah… it’s a ball ache to know when the right time to trade in, is

I’m going to wait till September 11th

If I get desperate I can always sell it at one of those Music Magpie sell boxes near me

CeX always do, their trade-in prices tend to be around half of what they sell it for and always has been. Mazuma/UR/Clove Recycling always give the best prices.

2 Likes

Is there a way to check battery cycles without needing to enable the call-home Apple analytics stuff and waiting up to 24 hours?

I don’t like mailing electronics around. It’s either CeX or if I can find a MusicMagpie kiosk (though online people are complaining about them not working very well).

I wish I’d stuck with my gut and stayed on iUP…

2 Likes

Used it 3 times since December, no issues! Used 2 different locations.

I wonder how much they’ll give me for a Pixel 4a 5g? Mazuma refuse to acknowledge it exists and will only give £5 for the normal pixel 4a

If you have a Mac you can use coconut coconutBattery 3.9 - by coconut-flavour.com

Thank you kindly! 712 cycles on my day one iPhone 12 :astonished:.

Fully insured next day delivery, they usually send you a pre-paid package. And if you pick a good one, they’ll send it back if you disagree with their grading. Worth a try before you take less from somewhere else.

2 Likes