iPhone Discussion

I am returning my silicone case for my 14 pro and have a leather case from Apple arriving today. Although by chat from you lot it could end up returned too.

1 Like

The Apple leather cases are pretty poor - mine snapped right about the mute switch, on my iphone 13 PM

1 Like

Yep, they changed them after the iPhone 11 and theyā€™ve been crap ever since.

4 Likes

So Apple leather case arrived, feels good quality to me, ordered midnight colour, will see how it holds up over time. The storm blue silicone case was a lovely colour against space black iPhone.

1 Like

Well, finally decided it was time to upgrade. Iā€™ve been using an 11pro for ages, mainly because of the camera. I toyed with getting a DSLR again but from reviews looks like the 14 pro is really starting to nail itā€¦

Arrives tomorrow, hopefully :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve been an iPhone user and heavily integrated into the apple ecosystem for some time, any particular apps that I should look out for?

4 Likes

Some good recommendations in that thread.

Parcel and Vinegar are iOS staples for me. I love Pixelmatorā€™s apps. If you have the watch, Gentler Streak is awesome and better than Appleā€™s approach to fitness (this may wind up being the dark sky of fitness, itā€™s that good). FoodNoms is my go to for food and nutrition logging.

1 Like

I think Iā€™m a lil too deep into Lightroom for that, might give it a quick look though. Being able to properly deal with ProRAW will be a dealbreaker on this one.

1 Like

Pixelmator photo handles it and does a great job. I like it because the UX is just miles better than anything adobe makes. Deets on everything it does here:

This is a good video comparing all the various apps:

2 Likes

Amazing, thanks for this!

EDIT: I remembered that a while ago aperture (RIP) was amalgamated into the photoā€™s app on Mac. So, since itā€™s free and actually supremely good what I need, Iā€™ve gone back to that

2 Likes

Feels way too early for an iPhone 15 thread, so it can go here

Boooooo to USB-C.

7 Likes

Iā€™d welcome this - I could then charge all my Apple devices with the same charger.

4 Likes

My iPad is lightning, my AirPods are.

I also have loads of lightning cables. The change will come eventually, itā€™ll just be annoying to start with.

3 Likes

Didnā€™t all iPads go USB-C years ago? Or is it just the Pros?

I believe that all iPads currently being sold now have USB-C ever since they introduced the new entry model iPad last year.
AirPods is the most annoying one - although mine have MagSafe and Watch charger support so maybe that makes it easier to leave Lightning behind!

Oh no, Iā€™ll have to get a new iPad then

3 Likes

Oh yeah - forgot about my AirPods!

Yes, youā€™re right - Iā€™m having a bad day today so far :laughing:

My iPad Air 4 is USB-C and every time I try to plug a lightening cable into it, even after having it a year.

Itā€™s like when Apple got rid of the headphone jack - People complain now, but itā€™ll be okay in the end, I for one, welcome the change.

List of my USB-C devices:
GoPro Hero 9
Google Pixel 4a 5G
MacBook Air M1 (2020)
Samsung T1 portable SSD
Oculus Quest 2
PS5 Dual sense controller
Probably many more, that I canā€™t think of

My Lightning devices:
iPhone 13 Pro Max
AirPod Pro Gen 2
AirPod Pros Gen 1