iPhone Discussion

Sorry, meant £38.

Can’t believe people are paying £100 for a MagSafe wallet :man_shrugging:t4:.

1 Like

My last Apple silicon case also promptly disintegrated.

Third party cases represent such a huge increase in value and quality that I wouldn’t bother with Apple cases, which seem to have gone down the pan. A £15 case of Amazon will just be far better made than a £50 Apple one.

1 Like

Going to give my silicone case another day or two before I return. I really like the colour (storm blue). Have gone without a case tonight and probably at work tomorrow, probably prefer no case but just feels wrong somehow. On the leather cases, I had a bellroy case for iPhone X it aged very well but even the last bellroy case I got was poor quality too.

1 Like

I’ve been really happy with my £15 Spigen TPU case. Much nicer than all the silicon ones I’ve previously had.

I specifically got the Apple one because it’s MagSafe compatible and I assumed Apple’s would be high quality.

1 Like

I agree with you on having Apple for the MagSafe and was really disappointed in quality of silicone case I had for 13PM, edges of case were falling apart after 11 months light use. My biggest issue is the dust the thing gathers, its crazy, did read somewhere to rub talc or white vinegar on case but aint willing to try either on a £50 case.

2 Likes

Well good luck with it! But there are third party MagSafe cases out there too, Belkin make good ones

Mujjo too if you want leather.

3 Likes

Case and wallet arrived. Somehow managed to order a 13 Pro case for my 13PM :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Thanks! Just ordered a tan case (without card holder) for my 14 PM.

2 Likes

I just got a “golden brown” leather case for my 13 off Amazon, it was on sale £29.50 and I got a £25 voucher off someone for Xmas, not bad for £4.50.

1 Like

I have a Ryan London black leather case on my 14 Pro. It’s v smart looking and still looks like new, despite my best/worst efforts.

2 Likes

Not to disappoint, but

3 Likes

Yeah I know these newer cases look awful, I also only use them for a month before I take it off. :rofl:

I have to ask what people think is normal usage in these cases to be honest.

Never have I owned a case that has ever got that worn, and I always buy Apple cases.

Unless, of course, I’m sub-normal in usage :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Mine didn’t get that bad, because I returned/warrantied it before it had a chance to. But I can confirm, the Wisteria leather case for the 13 Pro Max started to look like that less than one week after I started using it.

It starts at the corners where the case rubs against your pocket when you put it in or take it out, then it spreads along the edges.

Had three replacements before they accepted a return and full refund. This year I got silicone but after three months it’s starting to peel, again at the corners. Apple cases are shit the last two-three years.

I don’t do manual labour and baby my phones more than necessary and it still happens. What colour case do you get? I’d expect it to be less prominent on darker colours.

4 Likes

My cheapo Spigen case after a year of normal use.

You can just about see the really slight wear on the corners.

Definitely think TPU is the way to go, but my old silicon cases weren’t that much worse.

3 Likes

One of my favourite cases

1 Like

I’ve found the Mous cases pretty good over the years - https://uk.mous.co/

1 Like

I cancelled the Mujjo order after reading many poor reviews on Amazon. Specifically, issues with the side buttons and very weak MagSafe.

Any other recommendations for good leather cases? I looked at Bullstrap but they are a bit pricey!

Had this case on almost every iPhone since the iPhone 7, great for the money.

3 Likes