Introducing the new Monzo Plus

I agree with you on this. It’s very disappointing. I don’t see the benefits other than the paywalling features.

It’s a benefit to Monzo more than a good deal for the consumer. It seems the Plus team still needs a bit of work.

7 Likes

It’s only a minor thing, but what about the custom Monzo.me address, is there still an option of keeping that?

2 Likes

Will there be a way to revert the background of the app to it’s original white colour? Not a huge fan of the holographic look going on

1 Like

So I’ll be losing my travel insurance? One of the main reasons for keeping the old plus. Pretty unhappy truth be told.

3 Likes

The old plus icons are now gone from selection. So would like a new one at least :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

I got Plus the first time around, and this feels like a better proposition for me. Obviously not for everyone, but you don’t have to upgrade! Definitely gonna give it a go :+1:

6 Likes

If this is possible add a little dark mode whilst your there

3 Likes

Agreed some features are also free on other platforms why pay for them? Want your TransUnion credit score? Use MoneySuperMarket Credit Monitor which is free and gives TransUnions score or Money Saving Experts Credit Club which pulls Experians.

Opening Banking should not pay walled. If you want stuff in one place then why not use an app like Emma or Yolt? does the same thing. Alot of these features should not be pay walled and should be part of the basic app.

5 Likes

Hey!!

Looks amazing, I already have old Plus… how can I upgrade to this one? I can’t see it?

Thanks
Dan

Same, this is disappointing. Won’t be signing up.

5 Likes

Not for me on current offering.

3 Likes

If you’re on the TestFlight version of the app, install the release version from the App Store

2 Likes

It’s likely to be permanent once setup (need to double check though).
I secured my first name, don’t want to change it :slight_smile:

This looks good to me. Virtual cards, some interest, more advanced roundups, pulling in credit card info are all things that have some value for me.

Would like them to introduce it for joint accounts though as that is where the bulk of my bills sit.

First Impressions

• As a Previous Plustomer we get a discount - thanks for this
  • Lots of features that are going behind a paywall, but Monzo has to make money so I understand
  • Interest is back, thanks for this
  • Signup flows are pretty good actually, much improved
  • Cool to see my Natwest account, but Natwest offers this functionality for Free
  • Nice to see offers that a Non Londoner I can actually use
  • Don’t see the point of a replacement physical card, to be honest (I’ll await judgement on quality)
  • Can’t say I like the green hue, anyway to change that back to just white?

Overall: 8 out of 10 for me - good first effort for the new plus

7 Likes

Would like clarification on if I do not change over will I lose the travel insurance.

Looks like I kept my Monzo.me name which is good.

One thing I’ve just tried is the credit score feature (a big one for me at the moment) is saying I can’t be matched to a credit file. I use a lot of the other credit file tracking services and have never had an issue, also double checked my data is correct.

Anyone else got problems with this working?

1 Like

Such a shame about this, the “benefits” of this account are really not anything I think are worth the monthly cost. (As most are free from other providers)
If there was cashback on purchases or some reward program I would maybe consider but as it stands now count me out :frowning:

10 Likes

I’m going to sign up because I want to support your business and ‘play’ with these new features. Other than the interest, they really don’t bring much to me as a primary joint user. I’d pay double if this was on the joint account and accessible to me and my partner.

9 Likes

I’ve signed up for the trial; but these features need to extend to the Joint account, at the end of the 3 months I’ll be cancelling.

5 Likes