Introducing the new Monzo Plus

It would be nice if the holding screen as the app loads was holographic as well, along with a new icon. That way it would almost make it feel like the whole app had been upgraded.

2 Likes

I am not a plus customer currently and I had the credit score in Monzo however I had an email about 8am this morning to say it was being removed in September and if I wanted credit checking to use another service.

No. It’s fixed from sign up at the moment.

This new card replaces your coral one, so yes you need to update your card details.

If you’d rather keep your coral card, then you can skip the ordering of a new holographic one.

This is a great idea!

Blockquote
Virtual Cards seem pointless without linking them to Pots.

1 Like

I’m an old plus member and it says I get the first 2 months free. However it then says I have sufficient funds in my account to pay the £5 so I’m confused. :confused:

@Grantus =>

1. Updates in real-time
  2. If you change a category in the app, it’s reflected in the sheet
  3. Each transaction has a “lead category” and then you choose an amount to go to the second e.g. £50 Groceries, and you can choose for £20 to go to Wine

This is my favourite feature :rocket: !

2 Likes

I believe it will be on the back

1 Like

They credit £10 to your account, but I imagine you need money in there to begin with.

1 Like

Trending on Twitter!

5 Likes

You pay £5, then get £10 credit.

You need that fiver in first.

We heard all your feedback on this from last time! It now looks great :fire:

holo

23 Likes

If you selecrt the new card, then it’ll be a new number, and new card

You can skip getting a new card if you want.

You can’t have 2 cards.

Who are these responsible adults spending more on Groceries than Wine?!

9 Likes

Where can I sign up?

:sweat_smile:

So there’s two points to consider here, which don’t just apply to your post @mattia_asti, but a number of others who keep using the same line about “I can install 1,434,234 other apps to do this for free”:

(1) If the product is free, 99% of the time, you are the product. I don’t want free apps that harvest my spending data for their own benefit. Yolt, for example, highlights this very clearly that they do that - in order to target you with advertisements. The same argument was being thrown around in this thread in relation to email - free email accounts, mean that you are the customer. We saw outrage at the prospect of Monzo passing data to Facebook or Google but in the same breath, the same people were touting that they really like free aggregators like Emma and Yolt, without any regard for the data they’re handing over for free.

(2) If the product is free, and the business is in the 1% of not making you the product, then they’ll eventually need to make money. These types of services cost a considerable amount to run, and quite frankly we’ve become a society where everything must be “free” and “available now”, and I think that’s unhealthy.

See my point about payment over the phone. Virtual Cards now give you a way of securing your details, even if the person at the other end, writes them down insecurely.

Overall, it sounds like plus isn’t for you. You don’t see value in it, or respect that everything in life isn’t free. That’s okay but don’t for a second think that your personal bubble is representative of the rest of the customer base, just because you didn’t get your own way.

20 Likes

Probably worth sharing this again - it is 100 posts ago (and slightly updated).

1 Like

Monzo Plus Account | Put money in your hands click the button ‘Get Monzo Plus’. Needs to be done on your phone.

Another question:-

@tomdavies Is there still potential development of a second, higher tier’ed version of plus in the pipeline, with extra features? If so, do you have any ETA on that as i’d be tempted to hold off and wait for this premium package if so!

Thanks

5 Likes