Introducing the new Monzo Plus

How to set up the Monzo plus buddy. I alrd have the old Monzo plus and I am on updated test flight. Can someone guide me

Testflight doesn’t have the flow for some reason I swapped to the main build

It’s not on TestFlight - you’ll have to switch to the App Store version of the app.

Here you go mate:

Not sure if you can write a bit of code but my setup works this way:

• I have a truelayer test account that is linked to my Amex account
  • a script runs a cronjob every hour on my PC
  • said script checks all transactions on my amex from the last 7 days and writes all transaction IDs to a file
  • if the transaction ID is not in the file, the amount is sent to a google sheet
  • from the google sheet, IFTTT moves every new transaction amount from my main account into my Amex pot
  • refunds are just transactions with a - sign in front of them, so the amount gets moved back to the main Monzo balance
3 Likes

I have literally just done that

Come off Testflight and download from app store. It went direct this time round.

Or just click the link in the blog post. Much easier :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Good catch! Fixing now.

If I was using a virtual card, and there will be a rufund or winning from a betting site for example, will the money still come back to my account if I use a virtual card?

1 Like

I’m super excited by this too - unfortunately it doesn’t export all Monzo accounts - just the Plus Personal account. So as we use only our Joint account, this feature doesn’t deliver just yet. Same for Virtual Cards, Interest, Advanced Round-ups.

Come on :monzo:, JA support please :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

Ah, that makes sense! Thank you.

Folks can we just pause this thread for a little bit. I’ve got to go to a meeting and don’t want to miss anything.

Thanks

whats that about the forum ruining my productivity again?!

16 Likes

Come back at post 480 :rofl:

1 Like

Or you can use this snazzy link :bulb: https://monzo.plus

6 Likes

Snazzy links are always better!

Yes. :slight_smile: All cards are linked to your bank account so they’d till find their way to you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So does this mean that a new tier is going to be added later? :thinking:

4 Likes

Ah, thank you.

Ah fair point, only for the account with Plus!

I would really love for some form of feature sharing with both accounts.

Like budgeting tools applies to every transaction I have in Monzo. If I could share features like Custom Categories, Google Integration etc. that would be ace. Don’t mind not having Virtual Cards, offers, or interest even.

Or, just let me be the user that can tweak that stuff on the Joint Account. That would be great too.

shoot late for my meeting ahhh