Introducing Monzo Premium

Thanks very much :+1:

I thought that may be the case - although I don’t really understand why some are there now and some not. I’d have thought that it would be fairly similar to add, say, Virgin Money / Clydesdale as it is to add all the LBG brands. I don’t fully get the whole open banking thing though so sure there’s a reason!

I presume if you don’t order the card, you can’t benefit from the Lounge access element.

Didn’t they?

I distinctly remember having the ability to tack on various insurance products, and there was a promise of adding on a metal card that went as far as user on boarding testing before the whole thing was scrapped. IIRC a few users on Twitter even managed to get one of the cards. It was then briefly transitioned to a tiered approach, before being quickly scrapped and withdrawn.

Have we discussed this before? Because I’m getting deja vu, and recall sending you (or someone else [or possibly still you but a different topic of discussion, though perhaps similar]) links to various threads on here with someone from Monzo announcing or discussing it. Probably back when the new version of plus was announced, in one of those relative threads.

They did say you can enroll into the app to have QR codes for the lounge access? That should workw ithout the card.

I recall someone saying that you didn’t need to carry your metal card when traveling, you could use the app instead. I can understand this.

However, would the LoungeKey app actually let you register a card with the ‘wrong’ BIN number (that which is not a metal card)?

Somehow, I doubt it.

I presume they’d use the new BIN on the old cards? :thinking:

Question :thinking:
If I wish to upgrade to Premium but do not wish to have just yet the metal card. Then say in 3 months I do want the metal card, I presume I just ‘order’ one at no cost. Since I did not order one at the beginning?. :thinking: Thank you :v:

You can order it but not activate it until you want to use it.

I can’t see what difference it would make tbh now or 3 months time.

Its unlikely you could just change your mind and order at a later date.

Ta! :ok_hand:

So Monzo Metal doesn’t work at Morrison’s pay at pump fuel stations. Tried the metal card three times. Says kiosk only. Popped in my plastic joint card and it worked straight away. Same thing happened at Asda. Little disappointed and a pain in the bum!

Where did you insert the cards?

2 Likes

In the card slot?

2 Likes

Good to know. I was concerned about where the pain was felt.

12 Likes

Did it not mark the card in any way? :sweat_smile:

Possibly email acceptance@monzo.com they may be able to do some magic :yum:

That’s right, when you sign up to Monzo Premium you get one free metal card order. :+1: You can order it when you sign up, or later on; your choice!

1 Like

I got it… :stuck_out_tongue:

Hope the card was warmed up first.

You do have this option. If you’re on a plus you can pay a tenner more every month for a metal card.

6 Likes

And Monzo will also throw in some sweet extras like travel and phone insurance for free!

Or you could save yourself some money and follow the increasing trend and use non physical cards for transactions such as Gpay / Apple pay.

2 Likes