Introducing Monzo Premium

So lets say you’re trying to find the Jack Daniels and someone says its to the left…

Then she just walked off. Someone must have called her name or she had a sudden rush to go and fix her own model and remove the helper columns.

3 Likes

So imagine you’re trying to find the Grey Goose vodka. You know it’s stacked on the Vodka shelf but you don’t know how many bottles from the left it is

3 Likes

If you didn’t see my reply before you typed that :exploding_head:

1 Like

It definitely can be. Some banks around the world offer 10 year cards as a default.

Sounds like a good enough system for me. Basically use it until it no longer works or until it expires - whichever is first.

2 Likes

And that Sir right there is why I would happily pay £50 for a card every time a new one was needed (which would be the full 10 years) That would be my reason to have a Metal one and that alone (longevity)

2 Likes

I think 50 for a one off metal card would be a good deal for both parties but Monzo wants that subscription money

2 Likes

Well for me it’s not really worth it right now… I hope in the future I can say the opposite.

I would gladly pay £50 for a metal card that never expired honestly.

Just take the approach of Apple Card. The physical card itself will never expire, from what I’ve been told. And you can request new details for it in app if you suspect they’re compromised, and you can just carry on using your existing card.

I’d even happily pay a small monthly fee if it meant replacements were free should the chip ever die.

There’s real opportunity for someone to do something really innovative with bank cards here, and it’s a shame Monzo didn’t do that.

6 Likes

I suppose the important thing here to realise is that Monzo haven’t innovated anything, designed any new process or bought anything new.

They’ve bought an existing card design from a manufacturer and slapped their logo on it.

Without actually going to the effort of creating something new a never expiring card probably wasn’t an option the card printer had.

I find it worrying that you took his post seriously.

5 Likes

Anyone else finding their new White card is absolutely impossible to keep clean? It lives in my wallet for all but 2 or 3 times a week and after 9 days it’s already filthy.

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 44 hours.

If this offer was added to a joint account I would move all my banking to monzo. Please look at joint accounts!

5 Likes

Maybe invest in a new type of wallet. :sweat_smile:

Sorry if I’ve missed this somewhere - I did skim through a little! Is there any detail on when more banks / providers will be included in the “other accounts”? The list is pretty short right now, although Amex is a good one to have secured early. Thanks!

Is there a way to get Premium without the metal vanity card? I’m really not bothered about the look and feel of a debit card, I’d rather pay a cheaper monthly fee and just have a normal plastic card.

2 Likes

No

You have the option to not order a metal card, but the cost is the same.

1 Like

Nope. They’ll presumably announce them as they get added.