Introducing Monzo Premium

I hope you enjoy the card :grin:

I definitely agree with the car, everyone is different after all, I could choose to drive a less desirable car but I chose to purchase a sports car as driving is one of my passions, a debit card isn’t a massive passion of mine as they all do the same thing at the end of day, cars included lol but people might want a flashy card which there’s nothing wrong for wanting that, it’s everyone’s own preference :yum:

3 Likes

I was driving a lovely TT Roadster for almost a year, stuck with a Q3 now - feel my pain :laughing:

1 Like

Try a 1 litre corsa :upside_down_face: now onto a cupra :joy:

1 Like

Seat Cupra? aren’t they like 300 BHP? They look lovely.

Yeah seat cupra! Yeah 300bhp, so imagine going from 50bhp to that Hahah

2 Likes

So far I’m pretty pleased with this… Granted there are some accounts out there that are better, but they don’t come with the features I know and love about Monzo (outside of the Plus/Premium features) and a cool few new ones in the 2 paid-for accounts.

I think if it came with breakdown cover for the same price (£15pm) then it would be very competitive, but overall everything seems like it’s a good, polished product to start off with!

1 Like

If you cannot afford the £50 replacement cost for a lost card I’m not sure this is the account for you

1 Like

Being able to afford it and being surprised are different things, of course, and the replacement cost could be more visible in the sign-up flow.

2 Likes

Something that would really set this apart from basically every other premium current account since this appears to be targeted at those who fly with lounge key and travel insurance is some kind of air miles integration like AMEX with BA giving 1 Avios per £1 spent.

As far as I’m aware, no other current account in the UK offers Avios or equivalent and I think it could be something of a game changer. If you went the BA Exec Club route, being able to see your Avios and Executive Club tier in the Monzo app would be a really good feature to go with it.

3 Likes

Tesco do and you don’t need a premium current account with them to get them either

So to Summarize. This is the same account as Monzo Premium (previous version), which they cancelled 3 months ago, at the same price, encouraged you to sign up for new Monzo Premium (Very Basic)

Why didn’t they just give a heads up that this was in the pipeline???

Downside with Tesco Bank is that you can’t open a current account with them and I think their partners are the same as their clubcard ones so, I’d hazard a guess that avios integration will disappear in the new year when you can’t convert clubcard points to avios anymore.

2 Likes

Hmm I think this is a case of ‘if you have to ask the price, you cant afford it’

According to Assurant, this simply isn’t true. I contacted them via email and here is there response.

3 Likes

I don’t think that’s true at all.

1 Like

Thats bad :grimacing:

2 Likes

Does this mean that if I used my AppleCare+ to get my iPhone repaired and it was subsequently lost, stolen or damaged, could Assurant theoretically refuse to cover me for the loss, theft or damage as it was previously repaired by a third party?

I don’t know. But it definitely means you can’t take it to apple and get assurant to pay for it! As stated before.

A quick google didn’t yield much information on whether Assurant are an Apple Authorised Service Provider which doesn’t fill me with a great deal of hope and by locking out the Apple direct route for repairs it kinda feels like they want to be able to repair devices on the cheap and pocket the difference by avoiding Apple.

Aaaaand this is why I suggested having something put in writing.

Very disappointed here.

8 Likes