Introduce yourself 👋

Did the notification give you any reason or was it just a blunt decline?

1 Like

I got this when I’d hit my card limit

1 Like

I thought that Monzo was 'schuh’ing you for breaching your limit for a second there…

1 Like

The app did provide a notification, but I was using my card at the time to pay for petrol over £30 and so while under pressure to pay, the last thing I thought of was to check the app on my phone. The issue was that I needed to transfer a fair amount of funds that day and I’d forgotten I’d paid the large amount via card and the 2 smaller amount by transfers. I should have done it the other way around. Lesson learned!

2 Likes

Hello my name is Dominik. I recently just opened a Monzo bank account. Waiting for my debit card. Monzo has a great customer service and a awesome community. I love the mobile app and all is features. I did a fast payment £1000 from my bank account to my Monzo account couple hours ago. I was wondering how long it will take to recieve it in my Monzo account, but am very happy to be with Monzo.

1 Like

since it’s probably the first payment from that account to Monzo theres a chance it will get held by the sending bank for extra checks

Normally only takes a few hours if thats the case, otherwise its instant from UK banks

2 Likes

An update I got it transfer successfully just now!:upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Hello everyone Lavan it’s an pleasure to join the community at monzo looking forward to speaking with you all .

3 Likes

Hi Lavan & welcome :wave:

I hope you enjoy being in the community, reading about experiences & tips/tricks on many, many subjects and contributing with a massively diverse and entertaining crowd here. Post your questions, experiences and opinions and I’m sure you’ll quickly get involved in it all!

1 Like

Hello all,

I have been a Monzo user for a while but I have just completed the switch over to full Monzo and thought I should get involved more in the community. I work in healthcare and play football as a hobby as well as organise the matches, I love monzo as I put the leftover change after the pitch booking into a pot which means every few weeks I can sort a pitch for free with the savings.

Thanks,

Tay

1 Like

You speak in code, are you a bot? :laughing:

Only joking! Welcome :wave:

Thanks, I’ve no idea how I managed to make my comment do that?

1 Like

Snuck some of these in :wink:

```

I’m Chris from UK
Do I ask a question here.

@creeps60 Try here?

You must have a big house to store all those shoes!

I have a lower card limit :grin:

1 Like

Hi all, I am Oliver. I have been an advertising professional until 2017, now I’ve moved to the UK and working as a trainer at a financial call centre. I have been quite a huge fan of Monzo since I was introduced to it. Although I still bank with Barfley’s (no typo), I am looking for every reason to try out Monzo as my primary bank. But I am still looking diligently for the balls to just switch my bank as I am quite chicken when it comes to finances. I am here to see what ideas are flying around here at Monzo, maybe also add in a few of mine along the way.

2 Likes

Hi Oliver & welcome :wave:

Think of Monzo as a bank on steroids. Instant notifications, data-rich transaction details, no additional oversea charges (when using card or Apple/Google Pay), Gambling block, card freezing, pots (very nice!), Get-paid-early, Salary Sorter, and so on…

I trialled Monzo in 2017 when it didn’t have all the features available but experienced the direction it was moving and switched to Monzo as my/our primary bank as soon as Joint Accounts launched. Never looked back. Make the switch - you won’t regret it :+1:

2 Likes

Hi I’m Karen… I live in Cambridge and travel regularly to visit my son in Sri Lanka.
Does Monzo work successfully when withdrawing cash from an ATM over there?
I’d like to find a way of getting cash out of my account with no charges of course!
I understand you can withdraw up to a maximum of £200 a month but want to know if it is always successful from atms.
Thanks and help on this gratefully received!