Introduce yourself šŸ‘‹

Hello Richard

How you?
Iā€™m an ex surfer dude who came to England with Ā£50 in my pocket - to make his fortune.
Started in construction as a laborer & over the years worked myself up to the top.

I have a Construction Management Ltd Company & have been looking into getting into home maintenance.
But then bitcoin came along - I have had a lot of problems with banks over Bitcoin & was just wondering what Monzoā€™s stance is on Bitcoin.

They seem to be bitcoin friendly - do they mind people buying Bitcoin with there Monzo cards & if so - how much do they mind people buying a day.

3 Likes

Seems like theyā€™re happy as long as youā€™re not exceeding Faster Payments limits.

3 Likes

Hello :slightly_smiling_face: iā€™m David and i am a complete financial data/analysis nerd.

Received my current account card yesterday and have spent all day today working out how best to utilise Monzo!

6 Likes

Isnā€™t it crazy how difficult it has been for people moving here to do something as basic as opening a bank account?

I have friends whoā€™ve moved here from lots of different places and Iā€™m happy that is an area weā€™ve been able to address!

The high street banks are lagging very far behind in this area. One friend had to wait like 2 weeks to get some kind of appointment with Barclays!

3 Likes

Rjevski - Thanks for replying mate - Lol so long as all our sensible standards are the same mate. LOL again.
While FPS limits are generally Ā£25000 a day I see there is a spending limit on Monzo for Ā£10000 a day & an additional Ā£10000 a day for Monzo to Monzo.
So technically speaking I could buy Bitcoin for Ā£20000 a day - lol.
In my dealings with crypto currencies I have noticed a lot of Monzo users out there.
040004 Cant miss that sort code.

3 Likes

SimonB wait till you have a problem at the bank & they tell you to come in in a few weeks time.
Its ridiculous.

1 Like

Hey!

Thought Iā€™d introduce myself :wave:

I work as a COp on the early morning team - I joined about three months ago in December :christmas_tree: Absolutely loving it so far!

Outside of work Iā€™m currently completing an MSc in Economics, I (occassionally) like to run, watch Netflix, play video games, etc. - the usual stuff! :blush:

Let me know if you have any questions!

5 Likes

Hey Another Jones

You sound just like my 21yr old son.
Good on you & welcome Mr.Jones.:sunglasses:

2 Likes

I have a feeling thereā€™s a lot of Jonesā€™ kicking about - not spoke to anyone called Ben Jones yet, but I expect that will happen one day! :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™m Rob, a UX designer and design lead at IBM. From the moment I first applied for my Monzo card, using it abroad, to checking my spending, and the proactive customer service, Iā€™ve been nothing but impressed and delighted at the thought thatā€™s gone into every aspect of Monzo.

5 Likes

Hey Richard, firstly let me say that Monzo is revolutionizing my life. It does all of the things I wish my spreadsheet did, and more, all automatically! Amazing!

I love movies, good company and laughing with my girlfriend and mates.

Please to be part of this community!image

9 Likes

Iā€™m very confused, what does a Monzo sort code, have to do with Cryptocurrency? :S

Hi! Iā€™m new. Just getting my account up and running; quite excited about the Coin Jar. :pig2:

I also like cats. :grin:

9 Likes

Welcome! Tell us, is there a story behind that username?

2 Likes

Sounds like an old MSN chat name :joy:

Edit: Welcome!

2 Likes

Thank you! I had it earmarked for one of my Sims after seeing it on a (Reddit?) list of ridiculous names people have come acrossā€¦ so allegedly somewhere out there is the real thing.

1 Like

My PSN name is Sgt Flapsā€¦ :joy:

1 Like

Hi

My name is Chris and I am a new Monzo account holder. I am excited to be on board and I am utilising moneybox app with it. I am interested to find out who else is around. Kind regards

Chris

5 Likes

Welcome Chris! Iā€™m using Moneybox too. Just started. Iā€™ve not got a lot of money though, so Iā€™m having to limit how much I save per week :sunglasses:

But at least Iā€™m finally investing!

1 Like

Me too, round ups!

1 Like