Introduce yourself šŸ‘‹

Ben - apparently I have a bloke with the same name as me born on the same day.
I found this out when I came to England many yrs ago.
My twin LOL

2 Likes

Iā€™m Harry :wave:t2:

Iā€™ve worked in banking for the last six years after finishing college and have a keen interest in Fintech. Iā€™m a massive early adopter and love to try out new things :blush:

Iā€™m moving to Australia for a year in April and will be keeping an eye on Monzo to see how things develop and hopefully by the time I return Iā€™ll be able to use it as my main bank account.

5 Likes

Hi. My name is Kenny. I work as an Account Manager for an Energy Supplier (Former Complaint Manager).

My hobbies include Football, MMA, Golf (relaxing), Travelling, TV, Film and The Gym.

I am going to the USA for the first time in April and will be using my Monzo card their!

Anyways, Iā€™m looking forward to using this as my main account after my travels.

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum everybody :slight_smile:

@harryru just out of interest, which bank do you work for? I used to work for Halifax

1 Like

I worked for RBS for the most part but have spent the last year at the BoE.

1 Like

I met somebody once that had a Bank of England current accountā€¦ You used to get one if you were employed by them apparently, but they have stopped offering them now. (you may know more about this)

His chequebook was amazing :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Drummonds and Coutts also had impressive cheques, much better than RBS ones, though I have not written a cheque for some time.

Mark Carney started a review shortly after he joined the BoE in 2013.

The Bankā€™s internal review concluded that it could not compete with the range of services, including online banking, offered by high street banks, and said all staff accounts would be closed by 2017 on grounds of costs and practicality.

4 Likes

Hello :wave: Iā€™m David new to Monzo and really looking forward to my new way of banking.
Iā€™m a manager in rail

4 Likes

Hi have you any idea when cheques will be removed from bank accounts.
I havenā€™t written one in years the only person I ever get one from is my old aunt

1 Like

I wish they would, however after announcing a date to abolish cheques in the UK they changed their mind and backed down under pressure from MPs who were being lobbied by OAPs. All plans to end cheques have now been scrapped.

2 Likes

They need to do something soon, in rail we are moving from paper tickets to barcodes, smart card, and contactless.
My only fear is job cutā€™s previously with my other bank I used telephone :phone:ļø banking every time I called I was told you can do this online. Look :eyes: at me now I am an they have lost a customer :joy:

2 Likes

Woohoo about time, I spent years commuting to London every day and wondered why I couldnā€™t just swipe my card etc. the same way I did with the Tube.

Wallet out, find the season ticket, put it in the ticket machine, all whilst trying to hold my bag and my drink, watch as slowly over the year itā€™s got all bendy and faded to the point where the nice Virgin person would look at me funny because my details had faded to nothing because I had to keep taking it out of my wallet every day because they wouldnā€™t implement a simple blasted scanner!!! ā€¦ and breath.

Plus it cost me like Ā£6,000+ just for the privilege of standing up for hours.

Sorry bit off topic there.

1 Like

Hi Stephen thanks for the feedback, appreciated it can be frustrating with the old stock paper tickets.
Letā€™s hope we keep moving in the right direction.:monorail::iphone:

1 Like

Hi. New Monzo user here but yet to receive my card, still queuing!

However Iā€™ve heard great things from customers I deal with in the retail sector. Very much looking forward to being able to use my card! Hi. New Monzo user here but yet to receive my card, still queuing!

However Iā€™ve heard great things from customers I deal with in the retail sector. Very much looking forward to being able to use my card!

8 Likes

So good it had to be said twice :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Sorry! Trying to get used to this forum layout. Sometimes difficult from mobile.

4 Likes

I really should have introduced myself before now.

Hello, iā€™m Emma from rural Northern Ireland.

Mum of 2, jobseeker
Interests: cats (which seems to be part of the soft check to be eligible to get a Monzo account)
Marvel Cinematic Universe,
Terry Pratchett,
Last Week Tonight,
Game Of Thrones,
BBC radio comedy,
cups of tea,
curling every 4 years
and iā€™m currently doing an unpaid clerical work placement with the NHS that I adore.

My eldest has autism which limits everything I can do, so in a fantasy world I enjoy holidays, long walks and anything else not based around being in the house a lot :sunglasses:

17 Likes

Hey Emma! :wave: Lovely to meet you! My partner is from County Down so Iā€™m getting to know Northern Ireland a little bit better. Where are you from?

Also, whatā€™s your favourite film from the MCU so far?

Iā€™m in County Fermanagh, so the other side to Down.

Iā€™d have to say Avengers Assemble or the first Guardians Of The Galaxy. Theyā€™re such fun movies that I can watch them anytime and they instantly cheer me up. But all of them are great in their own way (except Hulk, that was just bad).

3 Likes