✅ Integration with Amex

Keep an eye on truelayer availability:

https://truelayer.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004577454-What-banks-and-cards-are-you-integrating-next-in-the-Data-API-

We are continuously expanding coverage to more banks and cards through TrueLayer. This quarter we are committed to delivering the following banks/cards* in no particular order:

• AMEX (API)
  • Barclaycard (Open Banking)
  • Bank of Ireland (Ireland)
  • Ulster Bank (Ireland)
  • Metro Bank (Open Banking)

Please keep checking this page for an update on new providers as we continue to integrate.

Have a look at our current integrated banks here.

*Please note that the above list is subject to change.

I’d take that ‘integrating next’ list with a pinch of salt. Amex have been on it for many, many months and banks/cards can and do disappear from it e.g. Sainsbury’s and Tesco recently disappeared.

5 Likes

Now that I have taken advantage of the 5% cashback promo from Amex, my use for the card will diminish drastically in the near future (once hit minimum £3k spend) as I have become so accustomed to using Monzo for my daily purchases, and anything under £100, that trying to return to my old ways, of paying on a credit card and putting the purchase sums into a DD pot, is feeling really difficult :man_shrugging:

The 0.5% cashback return, minimum £15 on the mandatory £3k a year purchases, does not incentivise me to continue using a credit card. I can make that my not going to Wetherspoons for lunch a couple or three times a year. Easy.

Remember those hallowed days of stoozing and making lots of extra free cash? Ahhhh :thinking::grin:

2 Likes

Yeah I am thinking the same. Benefit from the 5% then likely close the account for a year. And use my Visa Credit for the large purchases.

1 Like

Well it might well be a red herring but I certainly see an amex related certificate in the Android application…

redherring

Last time I checked this cert was already expired - have they updated it ?

You’re right, expired 21st February 2020. Interesting…

Just went on the True layer chat and they gave away that the Amex connector on a private beta at the moment is in final testing stage and should be ready for public release this month.

So within the next three weeks :man_shrugging: :soon: :eyes:

I did ask about Monzo and got an expected “We will work with Monzo to assist with the implementation as soon as the connector is available”

9 Likes

Money Dashboard have sent an email today saying that Amex is now available as a fully-fledged Open Banking connection on their platform.

2 Likes

Just tried that in the money dashboard app. Takes me to the Amex website where I log in. But it doesn’t connect the account. Did you use the app or desktop site? (I’m on Android)

Worked flawlessly for me. I’m on Android too. Just deleted my existing Amex connections and added new ones.

Took me off to the site to login, accept terms, select which cards to sync and then back.

Are you on the latest version of the app (9.5.5 according to their email)?

9.5.7 - I’ll try the desktop site.

Same on the desktop site. Logs me I to my Amex account. No request to authorise a new connection. Will try again in a day or two.

They’re aware of issues with Chrome which is my default desktop and mobile browser. Tried with Edge and it was fine. Thanks for alerting me that it’s up and running :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bump. Any idea when this feature is likely coming to Monzo? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I believe it has been superseded by this, which it by far the better solution :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you still have this set up to be fired from “Google Play Services” when “Amex” is mentioned? I’m not having much luck with it (I’ve got another set up for Barclaycard and that works fine with the same recipe) :thinking:

Hello! I’ve got an update for you that I think you’ll enjoy :sunglasses:

https://community.monzo.com/t/you-can-now-add-amex-to-monzo-with-monzo-plus/106180

13 Likes