Include Names & Genders of Directors in the Annual Report

I appreciate your concern to improve transparency by writing clearly and simply.
Wouldn’t it have been a very helpful gesture, easily implemented, to have written the full names and genders (where ambiguous) of the Monzo directors? Initials only with surnames feels very 70s.

1 Like

This doesn’t address your point - which I agree with - but there is some information about the gender balance of the board in this blog post -

At the moment:

• Our Board is 38% female, above the sector average of 23%.
  • Our Executive Committee is 11% female, below the sector average of 13%.

it’s also worth noting that

Our medium-term goal is to have no less than 40% female membership of each by 2020.

I’ve edited the title of your topic to enable users to see what idea you’re proposing before clicking into the topic & to make it easier for users to spot this post in search results, in the future. I hope that’s ok!

1 Like

For this to be useful, you’d also need to see data on the applicants’ demographics. 33% women is a lot better if 10% of the applicants are women. It allows you to identify the problem. If the demographics are unbalanced like that, it’s also worth working out why the applicants are that low, ie: is it a market/supply thing, or a hiring problem

2 Likes

The concept of stating if they Male or Female or Mr Mrs or Miss is very dated, particularly as there are now so many forms of gender-perception including non-binary.

4 Likes

@alexs Thanks for editing topic headline! My point was less about gender balance (but hey, good news and something you should not hide in initials) and more about a friendlier style (which I note you agree with).

1 Like

Yep, they are really referring to sex (what your chromosomes are) rather than gender (what you self identify as)

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.