Inappropriate notifications

I received a push notification on the app (and an email) encouraging me to “Grab hold of life with a Monzo loan”.

I can’t be the only person to think this is completely inappropriate. I’m well aware that Monzo offers loans but I don’t want the app to push notify me and encourage this. Not to mention that I think for most people taking out a loan is a sub-optimal scenario - not exactly ‘grab hold of life’ type activity.

7 Likes

Do you have lending promotions turned off in app?

Most banks push loans, in fact for months I’ve been dismissing the message from Barclays that I’ve been pre-approved for a £50k loan which pops up on the home screen or in between transactions every time I open the app. Not to mention I don’t have enough disposable income to pay back £50k without interest let alone with.

A push notification and email does not sound great though but shouldn’t happen if you don’t have lending promotions turned on

2 Likes

Yep definitely check your notification settings in the app.

2 Likes

Thanks both. I wasn’t aware that this was an option!

1 Like

I couldn’t care either way about lending promotions, but

reads like someone at the Co-operative Bank wrote it. What happened to you, Monzo?

4 Likes

“Make your life better by getting into Debt :tm:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.