Improved [Contactless] Card Security

Would be nice if you used contactless and your PIN was required it would just make you put your PIN in and not require your card in.

3 Likes

Isn’t this possible anyway or is this option just for sending in app payments

It’s contactless payments with retailers, not bank transfers etc which that toggle is for

Just been told I was misinformed, it’s not an SCA toggle, this is something different

Will have to wait for the official post on this

2 Likes

Ahh. Toggles to turn contactless off? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Maybe only allowing contactless when your phone is near? Who knows. As @Rat_au_van has just said, I guess we will have to wait

1 Like

I think it will ask you to enter PIN every… 5th or x payment

That was my first thought when I saw it

This is already happening in Poland with regular bank cards. It’s awesome! Tap for contactless and verify with pin for purchase over "x"zł.
Why is this not in UK already? I’m sure it’s not bank related.

Spain too. So easy.

Hello!

Apologies for this, this was a staff-only toggle we accidentally turned on too early.

This is so that we can test contactless payments declining in-line with regulations for Strong Customer Authentication.

We’ve turned it back off, and we’ll be making an explanatory post here tomorrow to let you know how you can help test!

8 Likes

Is it possible to pay a monthly fee to subscribe to this toggle? :thinking::grimacing::wink:

1 Like

I think if you’re staff, Monzo pay you a monthly fee aka ‘salary’ :))

1 Like

Ha! That’s true. Well, we’ll all find out soon:

:+1:

Its been announce:

Surely this already happens with contactless, it’s not new.

Hi

Does this mean we will need enter our pin more often on all contactless payments, including Apple Pay payments?

Not Apple Pay because you already authenticate using Touch ID or Face ID.

Maybe should be merged into:

Closing this topic as the discussion can continue in the other topic as @xnox suggests.