If you could only use one bank, who would you choose?

So most people tend to have a few accounts, but if you were forced to only bank with one provider who would get your custom?

Share why that bank also!

(Just for fun)

• Monzo
  • Starling
  • RBS
  • Natwest
  • HSBC
  • First Direct
  • Lloyds
  • Halifax
  • Bank of Scotland
  • Barclays
  • Santander
  • Chase
  • Nationewide
  • Metro
  • TSB
  • Co-Op

0 voters

Asking this on a Monzo forum seems to be pretty biased…

13 Likes

Monzo, cause the App looks nice and it’s easy to use, If you need good CS, go elsewhere

1 Like

If they fixed this, they would rule the world.

10 Likes

Hmm I guess it is somewhat but I do think there are lots that would choose Starling or RBS/Natwest. But maybe I’m wrong.

I would personally go with RBS, I banked with them since childhood and I think their products are fairly good with the app being quite good now.

For me I chose First Direct. Clean app, great customer service and does what I need.

6 Likes

I had nothing but bad experience from first direct. The amount of screw ups they did to my accounts when asking the simplest of things was unreal. Only thing I liked was when i complained about their incompetence and they kept paying me money as a good will gesture due to their balls-ups lol finally closed FD account and had about ÂŁ600 in total from good will gestures #Caching :laughing: plus I thought their app was very basic

1 Like

That’s exactly what I picked Chase for! :joy:

6 Likes

So I used this AI to create my alt, but it seems to have critically malfunctioned… :joy:

4 Likes

Monzo already is the one bank I use.

I have an account with Starling but only have it as a backup and for the very rare cheque.

5 Likes

Starling as it can be a complete replacement for paying in cash, cheques whilst still having modern banking features

3 Likes

I’m really liking Chase at the moment.

3 Likes

If Monzo was removed what would people choose otherwise?

I’m currently team Starling.

Neat app.
No clutter.
Simple.
Has all the mod cons.

Easily move money from Joint account instead of requesting from other half.

Also helps my anxiety on how clean it is.

First direct with dark mode, notifications and accurate balance, I could probably be swayed.

Both these miss the home screen balance widget like Revolut has.

3 Likes

I went Starling, but second would be Santander as I’d miss the 123 cash back.

Monzo just lacks too many basic features to be my only real bank account.

2 Likes

I went with Nationwide because (for me personally) their packaged account is about as good as it gets.

1 Like

My next choice would be Starling

Euro account
Zero fees when abroad
Good CS
Easy to Use
People seem to know it’s a bank, unlike Monzo (unfortunately) - probably because of the TV Adverts
Kid’s account (for those who need it)

Starling claim that i can see my financial life in just their app, I can’t, but hey ho

3 Likes

You totally can if your financial life is limited to the accounts/features Starling offer :joy:

4 Likes

Excluding Monzo, my main account atm, I would go for Chase.

I don’t need or use fancy budgeting analytics or categories tho tbf.

2 Likes

Starling: Does everything I need without any of the budgeting/Flex/Pots card carousel I don’t.

3 Likes

Doesn’t have a yellow card tho.

2 Likes