If you could only use one bank, who would you choose?

BARCLAYS and HSBC always comes first, but only can chose one, I will go for HSBC

3 Likes

Maybe I should have removed monzo to get some more varying results and opinions haha

Interesting to see HSBC so high.

I guess it does show how well rounded Monzo is though

2 Likes

Yep. Nothing else could be skewing those results :wink:

2 Likes

Chose NatWest (looks like Iā€™m alone) due to how they manage PoA.

I can see PoA accounts in my own banking app as if they were my own accounts. When I call/visit branch, they show on their system as if they were mine so I donā€™t need to explain itā€™s a PoA account etc

Monzo PoA support is lacking :sob:

Quite a few people chose RBS which is essentially the same.

Itā€™s a very difficult poll to get right. Do you clump banking groups together, so that thereā€™s fewer options and clearer results? Or do you keep them separated? Whereā€™s the threshold?

NW/RBS/Ulster are almost entirely the same bank but have some very minor differences (no DRS with Ulster and BNPL only with NatWest). On balance Iā€™d have been inclined to merge them as one option.

But LBG banks I might have kept separate because they appear to be more differentiated across the board.

Speaking of which, Ulster is missing, and so is Triodos.

2 Likes

Polling is hard. I have the scars. :cry:

4 Likes

Pretty stupid if I didnā€™t pick Santander due to currently having a student account with an interest-free overdraft.

Their app is also getting better, plus, I donā€™t really care about the features it doesnā€™t have.

Their card is also pretty nice :laughing:

Starling clearly has a better app, but the savings accounts with Santander are also better for me, and I do occasionally get some pretty good freebies from Santander Boosts (Ā£40 Amazon voucher and free Costa so far).

1 Like

I went with HSBC, who I have been with since my Griffin Savers days with the Midland Bank precursor in the 1980s, mainly because they have and still do provide me with services that Monzo cannot, namely my mortgage and contents insurance

Monzo is definitely the better experience, and they are my main bank by usage by a wide margin, but you did ask for the one choice and I could put up with the slightly creaky aspects of HSBC better than the drop off in features with the reverse

4 Likes

I would pick monzo BUT when chase have CC and overdrafts I might go to them. Anyone went full chase? Hope everyone had a great Christmas :christmas_tree:

1 Like

Monzo as my main (silly not too) starling for cheques and post office stuff.
Joint Halifax with Mrs for saving.
NOT NatWest :expressionless:

2 Likes

Monzo will soon take Starlings spot for you

2 Likes

Starling for me, would maybe be Chase if Iā€™d not closed my account last year so now canā€™t open a new one.

1 Like

As the OP has stated, if you were forced to bank with only one bank, who would it be? I have removed Monzo as some said it could be biased on a monzo forum. This is just for fun

• Starling
  • Chase
  • HSBC
  • Santander
  • Lloyds
  • Barclays
  • First Direct
  • NatWest
  • Nationwide
  • RBS
  • Co-Op
  • Halifax
  • Bank of Scotland
  • TSB
0 voters
2 Likes

Iā€™ve abstained as I would choose Monzo, so now your poll is skewing the wrong way.

1 Like

I think that was the intention!

3 Likes

Chase, by several miles. A clean, simple easy to use app, a great card when using it abroad & everyday cash back. I donā€™t see another card offering the same ā€˜all roundā€™ benefits for me. Please feel free to correct me, Iā€™m sure you will.

If, and when, Chase offer a business account, Iā€™ll move that away from Monzo as well.
Shame because I was really happy with Monzo.

1 Like

As @N26throwaway said, thatā€™s the point lol.

1 Like

I do get it but thanks for telling me twice. Anyone else?

I could go for another if you want? :star_struck:

1 Like

Not at all. Give others a go.

1 Like