Identifying those that are full Monzo

How would this work in practice? I wouldnā€™t want my community account linked to my bank account to confirm how big a Monzo user I am. And if itā€™s self certify, I donā€™t think itā€™ll do what you want it to doā€¦ :thinking:

8 Likes

Iā€™m not keen on this idea to be honest. I donā€™t think it should be forced on community users to disclose how extensively they use Monzo.

Related, I dislike that my badge shows I invested in Monzo even though whoever setup the forum probably thought it would be considered a perk.

In any forum Iā€™ve used, Iā€™ve always considered standard forum metrics (i.e. number of posts, number of likes) to be good-enough metrics to help gauge how much weight to give to an opinion.

5 Likes

This implies that if someone is not getting paid in Monzo (thatā€™s the definition of full Monzo) then their suggestions would matter less.
What if they are suggesting features important to them so that they can go Full Monzo. I think community works quite well and everyone should be treated the same.

3 Likes

I donā€™t like the badge either Iā€™d rather not have it.

Actually @simonb are you able remove these rocket badges if we ask?

1 Like

Unfortunately removing your badge involves removeing you from the group this badge is prescribed too.

Does the Investor badge give you special privileges? Is the private lounge real?!

1 Like

There is no group so it wouldnā€™t matter to me tbh

Nope no privileges AFAIK

1 Like

How is your trust level affected buy being part of the group? Tell you what if you donā€™t want the badge maybe monzo can put me in the invested group and take you out :grin:

Not that ever seen or heard. Sometimes a badge is just a badgeā€¦

2 Likes

The investor badge has nothing to do with any ā€˜trust levelsā€™ it is just a badge that is allocated.

itā€™s the numbers that are the ā€˜trust levelsā€™

3 Likes

So basically you want to pick and choose who you listen to, you can do that anyway.

Someone not using Monzo as their main account does not mean they donā€™t have the knowledge. It could mean they know too much about it, so donā€™t want to use it exclusively, or they get benefits from other accounts so donā€™t want to switch.

Iā€™ve been with Monzo before it launched, donā€™t post of the forum that much, but according to you my opinion has no relevance, because Iā€™m not full Monzo and donā€™t have a high number of the forum.

Itā€™s a very short sighted opinion, to need to have markers on whether you want to listen to an opinion.

3 Likes

Also, if you have an investor badge, thereā€™s no longer any indication of your trust level.

1 Like

A newcomer could have a badge and never post, if they post just once does that mean the should be trusted just because they have an investor badge?

2 Likes

the answer is obvious - trust none without the M

Unknown

2 Likes

No not at all, youā€™re taking it too literal, of course everyones opinion is valued. I suppose it is just an extension of the current ā€˜basicā€™, ā€˜memberā€™ and ā€˜regularā€™ badges which to my knowledge doesnā€™t offend anyone and nobody has said to someone that an opinion doesnā€™t matter because ā€œyouā€™re only a basic memberā€.

I just meant that if replies were split then it could help sway people either way and in terms of Monzos view. As a business it would certainly help with decisions if they knew that a new feature was in high demand from non-monzo customers as it would likely encourage them to switch :slight_smile:

Haha you mention this everywhere now.

Shhhhh. The first rule of private lounge is you donā€™t talk about private lounge :laughing:

1 Like

Itā€™s like Badger Pay all over again

2 Likes

I donā€™t know what that is but now I have the badger song stuck in my head, so thanks for that :persevere:

1 Like

Just remember to always leave home with your badger :+1:

3 Likes