I still believe monzo is the best bank

Personal preference I know but to me the Monzo UI is dreadful. Utterly crap, I can’t find anything good to say about it in the state that it’s in. The Mondo staff back in the day must be squirming from what it’s become. It’s now something that you would expect from a 1st year student. There’s no continuity between sections, the interface has slowly become a mess. The actual words in the app are garbage.

A two second example something as simple as swapping category.

They permanently added the words Change category which never used to be there. If they felt they needed to guide the customer and thought people might not realise they can tap on it, explain it once. After the first time the customer knows that action, they don’t need the message 24/7 from then on in case they forget.

Next they added a totally redundant Done button, which just adds an additional step for no reason. After picking it should just close and update. It’s half a second to change it again if you picked the wrong one. The interface favours situations where you are always hamfisted, over the usual case 99.9% of the time you pick what you wanted the first time.

And don’t get me started on changing that Transport icon because of that Twitter eco warrior.

Budgeting yes Monzo wins hands down Vs no budgeting :sweat_smile: Against Dozens it loses out.

4 Likes

All of your opinion might i add.

For example i recently tried to move more towards starling because i felt the momentum was sliding towards them.

Unfortunately i just cant force myself to like their ui and much prefer monzos :man_shrugging:

I think the last time we got a proper timeline of intent was the beginning of the year, lets wait and see what monzo plans for the upcoming crucial year.

Personally, dont think they should be putting all their eggs in the plus/premium basket when its becoming a very muddled market and should be looking at other possibilities.

1 Like

Not sure you need to.:point_down:t3:

3 Likes

To be honest, anything that stops people coming to the forum to ask “How can I change the category of a transaction,” is fine by me.

But I totally get your point. I still prefer the Monzo app to the Starling one though. Maybe it’s because I’m more used to it, but, as you say, personal preference.

I think its hard to make a claim that Monzo, or Starling for that matter, is best bank. They’re both still microcosms of full feature banks.

But in my opinion Monzo has the best app I’ve used from a bank, credit card or emoney provider. I think it’s streets ahead of the apps for the the four high street banks I have accounts with despite claims of high street banks catching up. I’ve never used Starling but I have accounts with Dozens and Revolut and have a strong preference for Monzo’s app. I don’t agree with the view earlier in the thread of the UI being a mess.

I do think Monzo’s customer service needs substantial improvement though and wish it would add support for Post Office counter services.

1 Like

Out of the six thousand topics it’s saying I’ve looked at on my profile I don’t ever recall one of them being about how do I change the category. It’s really wasn’t an issue before they added those words. Happy for them to explain once, that’s always useful to those that aren’t app savvy. After the first time successfully changing a category the message can disappear. It only needs to be a helpful tip, not a permanent message on such a common activity.

Why they added a done button, we all thought at the time maybe it’s multiple category selection, no they just felt like adding an unnecessary step. :neutral_face:

3 Likes

There have been quite a few threads that showed Monzo employees just completely misunderstanding issues and spectacularly failing at resolving things

3 Likes

When they get in touch with you, maybe. Since they turned into a bank, my experience of customer support has been mediocre, at best. Failing to answer questions, and completely missing the point on occasion, does not good support make.

2 Likes

they got a lot of things they need to really fix

1 Like

All in good time

And the passing…

OH THE PASSING

“Jen jumping in here after one sentence to continue…”

“oh hi Jen”

“James here, taking over from Jen…”

smh.

5 Likes

Happy New Year all Monzo enthusiasts :partying_face::clinking_glasses:

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.