Not sure you need to.![]()
To be honest, anything that stops people coming to the forum to ask “How can I change the category of a transaction,” is fine by me.
But I totally get your point. I still prefer the Monzo app to the Starling one though. Maybe it’s because I’m more used to it, but, as you say, personal preference.
I think its hard to make a claim that Monzo, or Starling for that matter, is best bank. They’re both still microcosms of full feature banks.
But in my opinion Monzo has the best app I’ve used from a bank, credit card or emoney provider. I think it’s streets ahead of the apps for the the four high street banks I have accounts with despite claims of high street banks catching up. I’ve never used Starling but I have accounts with Dozens and Revolut and have a strong preference for Monzo’s app. I don’t agree with the view earlier in the thread of the UI being a mess.
I do think Monzo’s customer service needs substantial improvement though and wish it would add support for Post Office counter services.
Out of the six thousand topics it’s saying I’ve looked at on my profile I don’t ever recall one of them being about how do I change the category. It’s really wasn’t an issue before they added those words. Happy for them to explain once, that’s always useful to those that aren’t app savvy. After the first time successfully changing a category the message can disappear. It only needs to be a helpful tip, not a permanent message on such a common activity.
Why they added a done button, we all thought at the time maybe it’s multiple category selection, no they just felt like adding an unnecessary step. ![]()
When they get in touch with you, maybe. Since they turned into a bank, my experience of customer support has been mediocre, at best. Failing to answer questions, and completely missing the point on occasion, does not good support make.
they got a lot of things they need to really fix
All in good time
And the passing…
OH THE PASSING
“Jen jumping in here after one sentence to continue…”
“oh hi Jen”
“James here, taking over from Jen…”
smh.
Happy New Year all Monzo enthusiasts 

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.