How to get a mortgage

I missed this post so have asked a query on another mortgage related thread

This post contains useful advice but building on other comments it would be useful to know:

1. Update on Monzo’s plan to report to the 3 credit reference agencies.

2. Advice around impacts of pots on statement transaction feed. This was my query in the other thread but I’ve seen comments where some mortgage providers don’t really ‘get’ the whole pots thing, and need to see proof of funds within a savings pot. In these cases Monzo has had to generate a ‘pot statement’ on request but will users be able to self-generate these? Relatedly, using pots, scheduled payments, round-ups (etc.) often means our transaction feed is far far ‘busier’ than would be under traditional banks and I was concerned this might have an impact to a mortgage provider scanning 3+ months of my statements. As these two points are Monzo (/other smart bank) specific problems I’d like to see these touched on in the blog.

3. A general update on Monzo’s progress on providing Mortgages (as an intermediary or otherwise) would be interesting to see.

I’m looking to get a mortgage in 2020 so any other advice not covered in the blog would be great :slightly_smiling_face: :house:

2 Likes