How are you using your card?

That’s great! Thanks @Naji for this useful information :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also have a couple of decent credit cards, an Amex and another cash back Visa card. The Amex gets me £80-100 per year in cash backs and my Visa card slightly less but is fee free for overseas spending.

I’d happily chop my Visa card in, but my Amex I find is very good and the app is good.

I guess my perfect scenario is that Monzo has fee free foreign spending, a £50 free overdraft buffer and maybe cash back on U.K. spending, nothing greedy, maybe 0.5% of spend?

I can only keep my fingers crossed, but if it could be managed people would be queuing around the block to join up.

so with the near introduction of the debit card, i’m assuming the tests are over (or will it still be ongoing~covertly)

I’ve just started using mine for exactly the same reason - lunch spending. I know roughly how much I spend each month, but not in any detail. Monzo will enable this analysis. So far I’m finding using my Monzo card a pure delight. I haven’t used it abroad yet.

The experience with using it abroad is just as great!

2 Likes

My understanding is that debit cards will be rolled out to a small group of testers before being launched to the wider public. This is Monzo’s opportunity to squash any bugs before full launch.

1 Like

I’ve used it abroad at ATMs and things and it is like magic! Can’t get over it! Sometimes the exchange rate works out in my favour and it’s always exciting to see the initial predicted price drop

4 Likes

Use it for food shopping in general and anything risky like eBay or kickstarter/indiegogo where I’ve had problems in the past & other cards charged for my refund monzo don’t…
I also used mine in India,cheapest ex rate & saved me the hassle of finding an ATM or a bureau de change- both would of charged more! Love my monzo beta card account
Also the app & this forum is superb at helping out,have you noticed the 1 star ratings on the AppStore are ALL for the £100 initial fee,what poor losers,they don’t know what they’re missing lol
:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Personally I use it for everything. My salary is still paid to my legacy bank (switching to a Monzo competitor in the meantime while the current accounts aren’t yet available), I leave just enough money in there for the single direct debit that I’ve got and move the rest to Monzo. I haven’t used my legacy bank card for 6 months now and I don’t regret it at all.

1 Like