Help us test setting a default plan for Flex 👀

I get you. I was more coming at it from the angle of

vs just this bit

So you’d be losing £3.20 rather than £4.25

3 Likes

Absolutely. That’s my thought too

3 Likes

So you don’t want to default to 3 months because it costs, you offer it but hope I pay it off at the next payment date? Or want me to move to one where interest kicks in?

Instead you’ve opted for all of it (costs Monzo less) or 12 months (earns Monzo more)

#SadTrombone

10 Likes

FYI @AlanDoe when these get pinned to the top they disappear from the category view homepage, at least on mobile, maybe desktop too? Some may use other views which probably won’t be impacted.

You might end up missing quite a bit of feedback because of this and I’m sure the discussion here will be enough to keep the topic at the top all day anyway.

2 Likes

They don’t stay at the top on desktop either. Or on the latest view. So I don’t get the point of pinning em as it doesn’t seem to do anything besides add a pin icon to the post title.

edit: ah, they seem to stick at the top of their respective categories.

3 Likes

Tap the pin so it faces the other way around and et voilĂ  it stays pinned on the forum home.

Not sure if there’s a default setting somewhere or if Alan/the person pinning it can change this setting or if it’s down to each user in which case it’s not very good.

5 Likes

Thanks for the heads up :pray:t3:

Currently looking at pin facilities :pushpin:

7 Likes

Wow! It’s actually tappable! That has no discoverability at all. Good catch.

3 Likes

The only discoverability for me was scrolling with wet hands when the phone thought I meant to tap there :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Okay so this is wild!

Sorry to derail the conversation a little though, just thought it was important because you’re looking for feedback, but some of your audience won’t see the post.

FWIW my feedback is the same as others here. It’s great to see this, but I’d like to default to max out the interest free period.

3 Likes

Somehow I’ve got the option already, and I’ve already chosen a default plan (pay on next payment date), so yay!

Not had the chance to try it with an actual transaction yet, although in the spirit of testing and helping out I am thinking a game purchase will be coming later this afternoon :innocent:

For me the choices are good, as I would only use Flex more if I could use it as a ‘normal’ credit card. I want to pay it off at the next payment date, while having the option to stretch some payments, which will be the exception and not the rule.

7 Likes

So glad to see this appear! Form done. Personally, I pay most things off straight away at next instalment, but this hugely echoes my views:

3 Likes

Looks like it’s a user specific choice but good spot on the toggle.

the lack of actual pinned pinned posts has annoyed me for so long. Who knew.

Isn’t this a huge argument against Flex in 3 in general then?

6 Likes

Ended up buying a pizza online. The default plan was selected correctly and the notification text was very clear. Thank you for adding this feature!

4 Likes

I guess it’s the same as a credit card, they don’t want you to pay in full but enough people carry a balance for them to make money.

6 Likes

I seem to be missed off change your date and select your plan default :joy:

1 Like

This feature made me stick with monzo was about to open virgin money slyce as every transaction under ÂŁ30 is paid off in full on next date and anything above you can chose an instalment plan!

My only suggestion for flex now would be as i use virgin money bank as my bills account would be to pay flex via direct debit so that i wouldn’t have to transfer money between accounts every month.

1 Like

If you pick pay in full as default can you still go in and change to pay in 3?

1 Like

It must be due to regulation so the user has to make an informed choice and not walk in to a shop and buy a 2 grand item just because the 3 months free is automatic

Just them being a responsible lender I think

1 Like