Help us test physical Flex cards šŸ‘€

Now that there is a physical card. Are we able to do a credit card balance transfer to pay off a flex balance?

2 Likes

Any guinea pig want to try?

(Iā€™m thinking it probably would work, wouldnā€™t it?)

Liberally @ing @TheoGibson for academic interest more than anything!

A neat feature would be to be able to add another person to the card (similar to how AmEx do it)

2 Likes

What CRAs does Monzo Flex report to?

1 Like

Doubt it. The way balance transfers work is the other company pays off your balanceā€¦ Via sort code and account number transfers. Which flex does not have.

Flex is on TransUnion and Experian only.
Current account on all three.

2 Likes

No it fails I tried this last week, allowing customers to complete balance transfers is on my list of features to be added

1 Like

No you can use the card number and expiry date to process a balance transfer with some credit card companies

Ah okay thanks

2 Likes

Unless they change their rules this would essentially be paying off debt with a pay in three style credit account, so Iā€™d not be betting on it anytime soon.

Itā€™s almost akin to using Klarna to pay off your Amex.

2 Likes

I once did BNPL with BNPL. Amazon offered to split payments into 5?! And I payed them with Tymit to split into 3 eachā€¦ The rampup was slow and payments in the middle were all the same and then a run down. Overall seemed pointless in the end. Overall splitting payments like flex is more useful than N months of 0% purchases. As that is effectively split into 24 payments, which keeps becoming split into 23, 22, 21ā€¦ over time effectively.

2 Likes

Experian and TransUnion only. Flex limit or spending is not reported to Equifax.

Please note that this is different from the Monzo current account thatā€™s reported to all of them.

1 Like

Iā€™m yet to use my physical flex card (or the virtual card for that matter). To date Iā€™ve just been picking transactions from my personal account feed to flex, which I think is my preferred approach for the time being.

What does using the physical flex card mean for the Google sheets exports? How do they appear?

They donā€™t appear at all, but thatā€™s actually how I like it, as then I count paying it back as the payment.

But this means you canā€™t configure the sheet to show your flex balance.

1 Like

Cool, yeah thatā€™s fine with me. Glad it doesnā€™t break anything.

I make so few transactions in person nowadays (that arenā€™t joint expenses), that I canā€™t see myself using the physical card. And when I do make a personal expense that I fancy flexing, Iā€™ll review it in my feed afterwards and flex it that way. I get how it can work for others, just doesnā€™t quite fit my circumstances I guess.

1 Like

Just used my Flex card to buy a new car. Sadly the Ā£500 doesnā€™t cover the whole thing, just the deposit.

Section 75 covered on the whole purchase now though :raised_hands:t3: provided less than Ā£30k anyway :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

My first car was Ā£500 - punto

5 Likes

Ā£450 for a Fiat 127 which turned out to need about Ā£500 of welding. I also turned out to be allergic to the seat fabric.

5 Likes