Have you gone #FullMonzo?

Finally gone FullMonzo, will be keeping my Barclays account incase i want to pay cash in occasionally

2 Likes

My CASS just completed this morning so we are now #fullmonzo :tada:

1 Like

Joint accounts have definitely brought me closer to going full Monzo, just need joint pots now. I do still hold a legacy joint account used for bills(which also earns me £4/month) but I can’t see that changing unless Monzo offer a second joint account or a way to pay bills from a pot. If Monzo offered those things I would actually start closing down some of my legacy accounts

Joint pots is the big missing one for us. Bill paying from pots is in the works and hopefully that’ll involve joint accounts too!

1 Like

Joint account CASS?? From another joint account?

1 Like

Yeah joint to joint

1 Like

Yeah, many people have reported it as working by using the button that appears in the join account section… :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I have the same nationwide account and yes it’s great for the insurance deal, however I only keep it active to use the insurance, I do not use it for any other DD’s or SO’s and nationwide seem happy with that. ( I do have a nationwide credit card that is my main card, so not sure if this is what keeps them happy)

Got some savings in an interest account so probably won’t move that to Monzo as there’s always going to be better deals for that kind of thing at other providers. Day to day spending is all Monzo (salary goes to savings account then transfer myself an allowance every month) and my wife has her account in Monzo now with salary. I’m moving our joint to Monzo once the cards and CASS are ready.

It’s the direct debit from pots that’s stopping me from moving fully, I like to keep my committed house money (mortgage, electric bill, council tax etc etc) separate from my committed personal money (life insurance, pension, clubs etc etc) totally separate from my spending money. This also allows me to cash in on the rewards account currently offered by NatWest, so while I would also be reluctant to o ditch my NatWest account I would be happy to route my salary and other income through Monzo and therefore making it my main account.

In all honesty I’d love for monzo to tick all my boxes and I would be more than happy to buy into the whole monzo eco system, I do however appreciate that may be someway down the line.

I’d love to see competitive insurance products like with nationwide flex plus, £13 per month and it covers up to 4 mobile phones gives my full breakdown cover and worldwide travel insurance.

I’d love to see kids accounts with working bank cards that can be used globally.

Monzo can and I’m sure that they will do this in time.

3 Likes

FFS. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Is there a problem?

Yep - I did it all manually because they said it wasn’t working yet. The FFS is the frustration from wasted time…

Good work on risking it!

2 Likes

Ah :smiley: I wasn’t going to initially but the CASS guarantee covers any issues so thought it was a worth a go than manually moving 25 direct debits!

I suspect the back covering is around the lack of joint overdraft (which would prevent switching an overdrawn account) and wrong copy on the screens.

Monzo’s good at that sort of thing. :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Yer I have nothing with them. I transfer the account fee as a standing order and then no other accounts with them haha

1 Like

I’ve had my Monzo account for some time, since the prepaid days. I’ve decided to go FullMonzo now that the option of a joint account is available. I’ll keep my First Direct account open just in case I have to ever deposit cash and just to have as a backup. I also have savings, mortgage there. I just much prefer Monzo for managing my day to day money and keeping on top of my finances.

With First Direct, do you have to pay a fee if you aren’t paying money into your account? One of the reasons I’m still getting my salary paid there.

1 Like

Just pulled this from their site for you:

Account Fees
There is no cost for the first six months. After that you can avoid paying the £10 monthly account fee by:

• paying at least £1,000 into the account every month
  • or maintaining an average monthly balance of £1,000
  • or also having a mortgage, credit card, Personal Loan, savings (except Regular Saver), First Directory or Home insurance with us.
1 Like

Yeah, I still have a credit card and savings with them so I shouldn’t be charged the fee.

1 Like