Google Pixel 6

It’s also good as you can at least look up the price of the official parts and then check this against what a repair shop is quoting. Too low a price, erm sorry but you can’t be using an official like for like replacement. Too high, erm you know this is how much this part costs, why you charging me X amount. Of course they’ll then be a labour figure to include in on that.

But at least it can give you a sense of what’s a potential con

I have both - Pixel 6 Pro and 12 Pro Max and I use the Pixel more.

Generally speaking though, this is a bad time in the release cycle to buy a new phone. Pixel 7 is only 2-3 months away.

I’m hoping tradein 6-7 is fairly reasonable. That makes upgrading much more feasable.

After toying with a pixel 6 in store today (other half has ordered one) I’m really tempted to actually do the trade with my Pro Max 12.

I’d go Pixel 6 Pro.

Is there anywhere people would sell online as a bundle? As I have the Pro Max, Apple watch 6 series (no LTE) and also the apple ear pods though may be able to use those in Bluetooth mode instead having to buy pixel pods (for now).

CeX if you don’t want the hassle

Eeek they are such rip offs.

Google will still give me £600 for the phone itself.

Guess could flog the rest on Facebook to cover the majority of the remainder.

1 Like

Peace of mind and ease of selling makes it so worth it. If you want to receive 100s of scam and flakey messages and people to lowball you, you do you. CeX might not pay as well, but it takes 5 minutes of your life and the money’s in your account without having to worry whether it’s fraud money or if you’ll be reported for fraud by a dodgy buyer

2 Likes

Very true.

I’m gonna go with the google trade in and it then takes the £600 off my purchase amount, all I do is post my phone off.

It’ll be a fun day transferring my 10+ bank apps :worried::joy:

1 Like

Trade ins also work too. Not sure when you last sold something on Facebook; I tried earlier this year. They now have scambots set up to watch for keywords and send automated messages the second an ad is posted. Or even if you’re selling something 10% below the second best price online half the people will ask if you’d sell for half the price you advertise for. It’s a shitshow

The last time I did was my iPhone X and Watch back in 2020 maybe.

Went seamless, but seeing these types of fraud take place a lot more frequently lately, I’ll stick to appropriate channels or people I know :joy:

I have tried so many times to go full Android over the last 10+ years but always come back to iOS with my tail between my legs. :joy:

4 Likes

I’ll change back in a year no doubt :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve dabbled too… but tbh I’m also integrated into Apple so much that it’s difficult (and other than Pixels I wouldn’t like other Android phones).

iOS 16 basically answers a lot of my niggles with iOS that would ever have drawn me to Android and with a phone system I know well and phones I really like so I’m set for a few more years for sure.

2 Likes

It’s cost me a fortune swapping back and forth between iOS and Android, mainly Samsung, OnePlus and Google Pixel/Nexus devices.

I am in the Apple ecosystem but not enough that I couldn’t get out easily, which may be part of my problem and why I keep swapping.

I’m the opposite. I absolutely cannot get on board with iOS.
My wife had a Mac, and iPhone and an iPad and they just never clicked with me.
I love Android, I’ve had it since the Desire line. I love the ability to block adds at a lower level, plus the keyboard :grin:
My Pixel 5 works brilliantly and is solid. My wife actually sold her iPhone and bought a Pixel 6 and loves it. I think I may have converted her…

2 Likes

Mines gonna deliver tomorrow hopefully. :crossed_fingers:t3:

My only gripe when I change is the Apple Watch as it’s the best watch I’ve used.

Been checking out the Huawei range and the Garmin ones <£200 but I’m just not sure. I prefer a square watch.

Had a Samsung active watch and didn’t feel any love for it.

Totally agree the Apple watch is leagues ahead.
I tried a Samsung watch and wasn’t a fan. To be fair I’m not a fan of Samsung at all, don’t like their software or bloatware.
I’ve actually settled on a Fitbit Charge 5 and LOVE it. Turns out I don’t need all the smart features, I just want reliable tracking with a week battery life.

2 Likes

I couldn’t switch from the Apple ecosystem. If I had to, I’d probably go with a Withings smartwatch. Such a great design, and supposedly super battery life

1 Like

I only use my Apple Watch for the notifications, not into using all the health stuff.

I’ll have to go toy with some.

Dam their Scanwatch Horizon is sexy…

1 Like