Google Home Max (UK Release)

Possible, but the Max hasn’t been out that long, and especially not in the UK (8 months?) - if that was the case, the sale probably would have lasted longer. I know a few people who wanted one but didn’t realise the sale was only for a couple of days.

I’d expect a refresh of the original Google Home soon, as it’s been a while since that came out, and maybe even a refresh of the Mini. I guess they might want to refresh all of them at the same time.

It’s not quite as good as the 50% off deal that was on when I bought the Max, but there’s a deal on right now for £100 off the RRP from John Lewis if anyone is interested.

https://www.johnlewis.com/google-home-max-hands-free-smart-speaker/chalk/p3715579?s_afcid=af_103504&tmad=c&awc=1203_1558033503_1d9125a3f96ab319b67c0dc6a9de037a&tmcampid=48

1 Like

It’s currently £275 at BT Store with offer code SAVE25MAY.

Personally, I’m waiting for it to drop to £199 before I purchase a second one.
(Note the RRP was recently reduced by Google to £299).

2 Likes

With these deals I now have 2 paired in the living room and the sound is crazy and they go sooo loud!!! :exploding_head:

1 Like

I still do not understand what justifies this crazy price tag. Google are capturing your data (presumably using it for marketing and other revenue generating activities), thus these should be close to, or near to free… as i’m pretty sure they’ll recoup the money they pay for manufacturing these and then some.

I must say that they do look smart and compact, but that’s where it ends… Most audio enthusiasts would buy an amplifier and a pair of floor standing speakers that would wipe the floor with the specs of all of the common smart speakers on the market.

It’s swings and roundabouts.

If you want to know where the nearest shop is you’ve got to give it your location. Just like if you want it to play “songs you like” then it needs to understand the genres and artists you listen to.

I don’t care that Google knows where I go and what I listen to. I get a great experience from using these devices and it makes my life easier, so I will continue to do so :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Max is back down to £199 in case anyone missed the last round of deals!

https://store.google.com/gb/config/google_home_max

3 Likes

How do these fare in comparison to something like the Sonos One?