Freetrade: Free Share Trading

Next Free Share being revelead tonight. https://community.freetrade.io/t/incentivised-free-shares-feedback

2 Likes

It’s worth noting with the FreeTrade referral, you have to complete a W-8BEN form (it’s super easy, just basically saves you on tax for US stocks) and top up your account before you get your free share added to your account :partying_face:

Just thought I’d add as it didn’t say that on the wiki.

3 Likes

Sorry Meant Tomorrow* but the deadline for this batch was at 5pm today.

And, for clarity’s sake, I’d add on to what you said that the reason why the form has to be completed is because the pool of free shares includes US shares. It’s not a tick-box exercise you’re forced into for no clear reason.

2 Likes

Someone finally used my link, they just need to top up now!

2 Likes

My last referral never topped up! Thankfully Freetrade gave me another link, must have a set time frame.

This is my first one so hopefully they have a spare £1 :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Hopefully, and hope you get a good share!

1 Like

Anymore good free shares? I’m in the queue for one and slightly excited haha

I sold my share in Lloyd’s Banking Group (which I bought) and made £0.01 :partying_face:

I got Boohoo which subsequently has risen 14% in price and smaller companies trust which sold for around £14.

However…

They never topped up so I still haven’t had a free share :cry:

Screenshot_20190910-215625__01

:eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:

2 Likes

:free: :green_apple:

Has this thread become just about their free shares referrals?

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s become very spammy

The flagged post is a Freetrade tweet not a referral link?

5 Likes

Given they have their own fully fledged community now (which you’re a member of), I see even less of an issue as most of Freetrade’s meaningful discussion takes place over there. Mute the thread if you don’t want to see company Freeshare announcements.

Anyway, moving on extended deposit hours arrived :moneybag: which lowers some friction and very keen to turn on dark mode :new_moon_with_face:

4 Likes

Makes me want a Monzo dark mode so bad :pensive:

3 Likes