If you had to swap places with another European fintech CEO who would it be - and why?
Seeing as it’s nearly the new year, will you guys be releasing a road map for the on coming year?
Also, I sadly missed out on Crowdfunding you guys in the past. Will there be any chance of jumping on-board before the European Expansion?
Love the app by the way guys and keep up the good work!
Just downloaded Freetrade app onto my Android phone. Surprisingly to find there are 70,310 ahead of me, really bringing back some flashback memory when I first joined Monzo early this year!
I am highly interested in investing into Freetrade on Crowdcube, like anyone else here who has ask - will you be keen to open another round of fund raising early next year before your customer and European expansion?!
Question - it’s great you’re doing a very flat and free fee platform and non-roboadviser. Regarding the advisers, will you consider to have their CV/experience on their profile? And will these advisers be freelancers? Sorry I just wanna learn more how does it works from the point of both consumer and potential investor.
What’s your favourite stock/ETF ticker?
Would you have preferred to launch earlier in the bull market cycle rather than amidst the heightened uncertainty the global stock market is faced with now?
How many times does the average Freetrade user open the app per week? If sensitive info, then ignore this ?
Is a crowdfunding round during Q1 2019 on your radar? If so, will existing investors have an exclusive window to invest?
Did you participate in this week’s crowdfund? How bullish on Monzo are you?
What are your thoughts on online forum communities as marketing tools?
If you could choose one share on Freetrade to invest in which would it be and why?
Why are customers being onboarded at such a slow rate? Believe the app has been released for over a month and there’s a big waiting list of users.
You mentioned each customer is profitable for freetrade - how much profit do you make per customer and what are the revenue sources? Isit just from the instant trade fee and alpha membership?
Are there any plans for freetrade to support a marketplace for crowdfunded shares?
What are your growth forecast for end of 2019 - and why do you think they can be achieved?
Is there any plans for an invite system where I can invite my friends to use Freetrade? If so, would there be any incentives for me?
How do you plan to onboard more people who are new to share ownership?
Do you have any plans for an IFTT integration - linking my Monzo purchases would be awesome!
Do you have plans to add share price notifications to the app - or to allow price based rules for auto purchasing?
Thoughts on Revolut planning to muscle in on this space?
ahh yes, that’s what I need too!
We’re launching the Android app early next year but we just launched the waitlist app for Android &…you download that here.
Freetrade: Free Share Trading
Yes, I can.
That’s awesome to hear!
- We definitely want to enable you to transfer your portfolio from other providers to Freetrade.
- At the moment you’ll need to sell your your existing portfolio & buy it back with Freetrade.
- The good news is you don’t have to pay to purchase your investments again using Freetrade
But we know that, that’s not ideal so transfers are on our roadmap for next year.
Done and also going to be cheeky and ask
Zero commission investing Freetrade has arrived. Get early access with my link: https://freetrade.io?kid=TJ623
Also how long till the android app is out/I can get access?
Where do I start
The biggest thing is our mission - we want to open up investing to everyone so they can make their money work.
- Removing fees is a big part of that because it removes a large barrier to investing - before you had to invest quite a lot of money, otherwise the fees meant that it wasn’t really worthwhile.
- That mission will also shape our product decisions, for example, we display our stock prices in pounds & pence not pence, which is a lot easier to understand for someone who’s new to investing.
- We’re also focused on building a service for long term investors, rather than day traders (who mostly lose money), which is a much safer way to grow your savings.
- The product decisions we make are always going to be in the best interest of our customers and their investment outcomes, eg our first major new feature was releasing a Stocks and Shares ISA so you can shelter your investment gains from tax, versus other platforms that prioritise things like leverage/margin trading.
We only have a small portion of the information that we want to display in the app eventually, right now.
For example, I’m keen to share more details about ETFs, to make it easy to compare the different choices.
Let us know what else you’d like us to include & how you’d use the info here.
Not really. We’ve shared why we added that description here & we kept it after our users voted to say that they liked it. We’ll keep that under review, based on user’s feedback in the future though.
We think that a phone is where most people will manage their portfolios & there’s enough space to include the information that a long term investor will need. But we’ll probably add a web interface in the future too.
Answered that one above
No, just exchange-traded funds (ETFs).
See above for that, too.
The tool that we use to manage our waitlist does verify email addresses & looks out for unusual behaviour that suggests that someone’s trying to game it. So it’s definitely not a full 70k (eg some people might sign up with their personal and work email) but it’s not way off, and we’ve already seen evidence of this in the conversion of invites to actual accounts.