Flux: thank you and goodbye

I’ve just found out that incorrect merchant information equals not receiving a digital reciept… :slightly_frowning_face:

I’ve sent corrections so hopefully once the merchant information is corrected it will appear?

getmondo

4 Likes

Just like every other company. Monzo are the same in this regard are they not? Financial hub or whatever the phrase is now and the charges for certain “features”

Oh I totally agree. That is my point.

But Flux made dubious claims about the amount of trees they will save. They should just be honest.

I dont think both have to be exclusive.

Lets face it you can take the horse to water but you cant make it drink!

Flux should look to make partnerships wherever it can until it becomes more mainstream. This particular partnership is still a step in the right direction.

The part i dont get is why it took so long to bring out of being a pilot.

Heres to hoping flux can bring on a new nationwide partner each month, i think that should be the minimum goal now

3 Likes

Just wondering what effects on flux availability the rumoured takeover of EAT. by Pret A Manger will have.

Flux isn’t yet widely supported, and could this mean flux’s reach decreases, or could this result in Pret taking up flux?

2 Likes

Just paid at Eat with Monzo Apple Pay. And the receipt and loyalty wasn’t added. Is that normal?

It’s normal.

Lots of people are reporting that it isn’t working at various retailers (not just Eat) but they never acknowledge or address it.

Hey Andy! Sorry to hear that - there shouldn’t be any issues with using Apple Pay. If you want to drop us a line at help@tryflux.com with the details of your transaction we can have a look and see what’s happened :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi :wave: While I wouldn’t say it’s normal, as a new service we know things are bound to go wrong sometimes :sweat_smile: And as much as it can be frustrating for us and for you, these problems offer us a really great chance to pressure-test our technology and work out how we can make things better - so we love talking about them!

We recently launched our status page to try to be as transparent as possible about incidents that could affect our ability to deliver our service, and we work super closely with our banking partners to pick up and resolve issues quickly when they arise. But there’s always going to be things that happen that we won’t know about unless you flag them - so please do get in touch with us if you notice that something’s not right. We’ll do our best to fix it quickly, and where we can’t, we’ll be open and honest with you about what’s gone wrong and what we’ve learnt from the process.

We’re still in our early stages and are constantly refining and improving what we do. We’re actually having our first open office on the 29th of May, so if you’re London-based we’d love to have you all come down - we’ll be talking about our integration with KFC and reflecting on some of our challenges & wins over the past 12 months. It’d be great to get some feedback directly from our users too - particularly people like yourselves who’ve been with us since our early days. I’ll leave the link below for anyone who’s interested, and if you’ve got any questions please let me know and I’ll do my best to help :slightly_smiling_face:

https://buff.ly/2W0kAoS

3 Likes

Hi Samantha,

Will you be recording/publishing this open office? Would be very interested if so.

There are plenty of people pointing out issues and they’re all going unanswered. Especially in your KFC topic here: Flux at KFC 🐔

Still to this date, no receipts have shown for my transactions that you claim to support and I’ve emailed 3 times without getting a reply.

I’m not London based. Can you only guarantee that it will work with merchants in London?

Also, as the event is nowhere near me how can I be kept up to date? Is there a live stream or will you be back on here afterwards to cover what went on?

2 Likes

Hey Nathan :slight_smile: As this is our first event, we’re not going to be recording/streaming it as we want to get a feel for what works and what doesn’t - but it’s definitely something we’ll do in the future.

We appreciate that not recording the event makes it quite hard for those who aren’t in London to access it, so we’ll be doing quite a detailed write up afterwards that we’ll be able to share with you here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m really sorry if you’ve been in touch with us and not had a response - it’s not good enough and certainly not the experience we want people to have :cry:

To be honest with you, our KFC integration has definitely had its teething problems. The self-service kiosks in particular have been a difficult issue to solve, though we’re working on it as we speak.

I understand if you’d rather not re-send the details of your missing transactions to us, but if you do want me to have a look for you I’d be happy to try to get to the bottom of what’s happened. If the receipts still aren’t showing it’s unlikely we’ll be able to get them back this far after the event, but we’ll at least be able to explain what caused the problem. You can send the details through to me directly if you like at samantha@tryflux.com

All of our retailers are supported nation-wide (though I appreciate some of them are London-based), so you shouldn’t have any issues based on the location of the store itself.

I mentioned to Nathan above, we’ll definitely put together a write-up of the event so that those who aren’t able to attend can still access the info - and we’ll look at recording or streaming the next one for you all :slight_smile:

Thanks for your patience and for sticking with us.

3 Likes

I can do this :slight_smile: I’ve tried 2 or 3 different branches so it will be good to find the cause. It wasn’t self service related either because that isn’t available around my area yet.

What details do you require please?

Awesome :slightly_smiling_face: Probably the easiest thing is just to send a screenshot for each of the transactions - that should have all the information that our tech team need to investigate. And if you could also confirm your Monzo email address that’d be perfect. Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I took a screenshot to send and the receipt just appeared! A couple of hours later :thinking:

Usually the receipts are instant (or at least arrive within a few minutes), but on occasion they can take longer. It may be that the particular till you were served at went offline or that the data was delayed in coming through to us from the store for some reason, which slows the matching process at our end :face_with_monocle: it’s difficult to know for certain but those are the two most common reasons for delayed receipts. I’m glad it’s there though! Hopefully this is just a one-off, but if it happens again definitely give us a shout and we’ll take a look :slight_smile:

A world without paper receipts would be awesome! Can’t wait.

Any teasers @samantha.flux on when/who the next partner could be before you go? :eyes:

Officially, my lips are sealed :shushing_face: But I can tell you that we’ll be announcing another nationwide retailer VERY soon - keep your eyes peeled over the next few weeks :smirk:

8 Likes