šŸš« Fitbit Pay

I actually just got rid of my Gear S3 and got a Fitbit Ionic - sounds insane. The Ionic has little app support, the UI is laggy as anything, you can only have the temperature in fahrenheit if you have miles as your distance measurement, itā€™s RRP is ridiculous (Ā£200 is the absolute max I reckon they should reasonably be asking for it) problems, problemsā€¦

But - I really missed the fitbit app, nothing beats itā€™s features and integration with other services. As a day to day all round fitness tracker you canā€™t beat a Fitbitā€¦ I just canā€™t look at the weather app or use a watch face that displays temperature anymoreā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

The only bank card that I have that I can use with fitbit pay is my KBC Ireland current account - which I only ever use on holiday in Europe.

I really hope they push for more support from UK banks, but have a feeling that fitbit pay will eventually just fall by the wayside.

1 Like

it has come to UK now and working well with Starling Bank account/card

Yeah, Starling and Danske Bank UK are the only UK banks.

I closed my Starling account a while back though. To be fair, I found watch payments really awkward.

The only time they came into their own for me was vending machines and self service tills when I was in a rush. Otherwise I just felt like an idiot trying to angle my wrist to the terminal in an unnatural way.

1 Like

Looks like Santander is one of the first legacy banks to support Fitbit Pay:

https://www.fitbit.com/fitbit-pay/banks

https://www.santander.co.uk/uk/fitbit-pay

Still holding hope that Monzo will come sooooon :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Iā€™m afraid to say that we have no plans to support Fitbit Pay at the moment and itā€™s therefore unlikely to come in the near/medium term future, unless our plans drastically change. Sorry about that! We just need to focus on the most important features that the largest number of people can use :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Like #Tags :rofl:

5 Likes

According to Starling, Fitbit Pay accounted for 0.06% of transactions, or 0.12% if we prorata since it launched.

https://www.starlingbank.com/blog/1-year-of-starling/

5 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Starling Feedback

Fascinating that they put out stats like that and STILL donā€™t include customer numbers. I wonder why they guard them so jealouslyā€¦

4 Likes

The new Fitbit Versa is most likely going to be my next upgrade from the Alta come Autumn.

It supports Fitbit Pay and itā€™d be great if if you can at least put Fitbit Pay on the roadmap, even if it is just as a long-term ambition.

The Monzo ecosystem needs more of these features if you want the network effects you often speak highly of.

2 Likes

Adding Fitbit Pay would not create a network effect.

A network effect is where the value of the feature increases as the more people use it.

Right now, adding that feature would only have a direct benefit to Fitbit owners.

2 Likes

Thanks (my error). Replace network effect with ā€œlock-in effectā€ and my point remains.

i.e. I would be more entrenched in the Monzo ecosystem if Fitbit Pay was added (along with the Marketplace further down the line).

2 Likes

When is Fitbit Pay coming, is Fitbit Pay here yet and has Fitbit done NDA?

I miss Apple Pay thread :frowning_face:

7 Likes

Oh goodness. This thread is a thing?

(I own a Fitbit)

2 Likes

It is indeed lol

3 Likes

Does Fitbit even have an NDA?

Letā€™s get this thread up to 2000? :joy:

1 Like

It will be now @anon72173902 is involvedā€¦

1 Like