The Times really don’t like fintech. Still, there’s both good and bad in this article:
(Sorry for paywall link )
- revenue remains a problem - but was if ever going to be otherwise?
- interesting point about government having taken away barriers to start new banks but not to scale them
- Revolut really is in danger of spoiling it for everyone
- Monzo’s “zealous fans” get a mention.
- After explaining that the big banks aren’t really scared of the digital competition, unnamed sources then try to throw the digital competition under the nearest bus
It’s not clear what has triggered the article, but it’s worth a read.