Fingerprint Unlock is now on Android!

You need to “back out” via the back button, rather than close via the home button, I believe. Not ideal …

Yeah, personally I would prefer a timeout option rather than hitting the back button which is something the Lloyd’s app does well.

After 30 secs, 1, 2, 3 mins etc then you will need your fingerprint again to open the app.

1 Like

As long as you close the app so it isn’t running in the background then you need to use your fingerprint every time :slight_smile:

Even better: I reboot my phone every time. That way I’m forced to use my pin :rofl:

I have a vivo v3 running 5.1.1.

Is there a reason this wouldn’t show up for me?

The Android unified fingerpint API is only there from Android 6 onwards, before then it was fragmented and manufacturer-specific (e.g. there’s a Samsung SDK for earlier Android versions) - I guess Monzo are just using the unified API?

5 Likes

Like others have said, as my phone is unlocked with fingerprint I won’t be enabling this. But there may be others out there who share a pin lock with a family member/friend/colleauge. This makes sense for that.

I would like to see a re-auth of fingerprint for carrying out any transfers. So I can unlock the phone with finger, open the app without finger and view the information. But to do a transaction, send money, etc, a re-auth with finger is required. This way if my nephew is playing around he can’t send people money, plus I don’t need to have to unlock twice each time I check Monzo when stood at the front of the queue in Costa/Starbucks/etc.

You’re already covered - try taking any action that’ll remove money from the account & you’ll see that you’re required to authenticate the action by entering you card’s PIN, CVV etc. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s not covered with fingerprint authorisation though.
OP is suggesting this is where it would be convenient to have fingerprint implementation and I agree. Current fingerprint implementation, as I commented before, is just a privacy layer. For security, this needs to implemented for tasks within App.

I was glad to see that after I suggested, this was added to the roadmap in near-term.

1 Like

It keeps switching off. I’m using a samsung a20e