Financial Guide Books

I’m interested if anyone has any recommendations on Personal Finance books that they found helpful or enlightening in anyway.

I’ve read Money: A Users Guide by Laura Whateley and found it very useful and one of those I will go back to for reference.

I’m currently reading Rich Dad, Poor Dad. It’s interesting if nothing else, I’m keeping an open mind about it though, some thing just feels off about the story it is telling.

Anyone else got any suggestions or thoughts?

“You’re Not Broke, You’re Pre-Rich” by Emilie Bellet is the book I always find myself recommending on this subject.

1 Like

Added to the list of books to buy. Very positive reviews online.

Smarter Investing by Tim Hale.

2 Likes

Lars Kroijer Investing Demystified

2 Likes

Already got this book :slight_smile: Just need to actually read it.

Have been putting it off as I have no money to actually invest…yet.

1 Like

Nor do I really, but if you can spare a tenner here and there it does add up quicker than you would expect.

1 Like

I’ll change mine then :wink:

This is a very good book:

1 Like

Does it not cost every time you invest though?

Is this the point where you tell me to go and read the book? :stuck_out_tongue:

Freetrade and Trading 212 are free to trade, but read first!

1 Like

Oh definitely!! I am not touching the markets until I am comfortable and know what I am doing!!

1 Like

I think that saving comes before investing. Save a couple of month’s pay in an easy-access account first before starting with investing. Then you have something in case of emergencies. You want to avoid as much as possible the chance of being in a position where you have to sell your investments to cover an emergency - takes longer to get the cash, between charges and possible market dips you could be forced to sell at a loss, and when the value goes up you’ve missed on the opportunity to make a profit.

Yeah, I of course agree. However, if after you have already have enough saved as a safety net, I think it can be really valuable to dip your toes in the water with small amounts so you can get an idea for the experience.

If in doubt, follow the flowchart

1 Like

It depends on what you are buying and who you are investing with. Freetrade is a good option (does what it says on the tin). Vanguard is a great option in my opinion, the fees are the lowest on the market pretty much. If you’re gonna read one book on investing, make it the Tim Hale one I mentioned previously.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.