Ive noticed the same, the balance is wrong as it’s showing the total of my pots in my personal account.

I figured it out that it’s showing the correct balance, or at least showing it correctly as it is designed. The balance in your JA is the total in your pots, plus the JA balance. As my partner has no pots, I’m not sure if this will be added as well, would be interesting to find out.

Just checked this, it displays the main JA balance and your personal pots as the total.

Just a little thing. I’ve set up the joint account just awaiting card. When I long press at the botttom to select the joint account my profile picture shows on my account but not my wife’s on the joint acccount which I expected it to. Anyone experienced this?

You were right, in app support said I need to wait for my card to arrive.

Some feedback I would say then is to add some text saying “Once your card arrives” to the ‘tips to get started’ link in the transaction feed.

Just checked this. The images used are from the profile page. So it would be a case of your wife uploading a profile photo, which will be visable on her monzo.me link too.

Ah yeah, makes sense now. I’ll nag her to get on the case!

I guess these are some of the things that need to be centralised, so both parties can upload an image to the same location that is separate to the sole profile location. If it’s intended to be an actual feature.

Personally I would like the account screen to show both accounts at the same time just with one of them referencing joint. Then you can have your sole and joint balance on each ‘card’ (until they do away with card images) and then the combined total at the top.

1 Like

Thinking about it, perhaps this is a manual push at the moment?

Hi @HoddzDJ. Thanks for finding that out.

Yes you are correct. The JA balance you see is -
Your Personal Pots (totalled) + Money in JA (example £1000 in my pots + £5 in JB = £1005 JB balance)

Your partner will see a different figure on their phone. They will see their pot total + Money in JB (example £40 in their pots + £5 in JB = £45 JB balance on their phone)

With regards to the above, any money in your (or your partners) Current Account main wont be included in the JB balance.

1 Like

This seems confusing…

2 Likes

So it includes your personal pots but not your personal account balance?

1 Like

Anybody had the android update as yet?

Correct.

This seems very odd to me. If this was a joint pot, it would make more sense to be able to see the balance of all pots, including the shared one. However, as this is a separate account, surely the balance should be separate from your pots too, even if your pot balance isn’t viewable to the other person?

3 Likes

Yes correct.

Example -
Your Personal Account = £500 in Account + £1000 in Pots
Your Personal Balance is = £1500

JA has £70 in

JB Balance you would see would be £1070 (your partner would see a different figure as they have different personal pots)

Agreed, maybe this way is so when “JB Shared Pots” comes n Monzo are ready for it and the JB Balance is correct…

1 Like

Still waiting for that myself.

I don’t like that idea, it’s very confusing. The three accounts should be completely separate. My account should have my balance and my pots. My wife’s account should have her balance and her pots and the joint account should only show what has been deposited into that account. You can’t spend the money that it says you have unless you transfer it from a pot to the joint account so what’s the point in showing it? If I need to transfer to the joint account then I might as well transfer it to top up the balance of the account the pot is actually in.

Paul

7 Likes

To add my voice to the pots/balance display - I don’t want the balance in the JA to show the pots in my Solo account. That makes no sense to me, and will be confusing.

Do JAs have pots? If so, the balance of the JAs should only show JA main account and pots balance.

9 Likes

I do agree with that, but what if you have a Joint Account Pot? This would be a shared Pot for say “Holiday”.

The 10 Pot limit is per person. So if you wanted a Joint Pot it would be on your account and on your partners account too.

(9 left for personal each)

Therefore you would want the JA Balance to include this one Pot - correct?

I think thats what Monzo is trying to do here.