JA doesnt have Pots yet. I think it will be coming. Please see my reply above this post for my thoughts on this.

I agree - But I’d only want that 1 pot shared - Not all of them (my personal pots).

The way it sounds at the moment is very bizarre.

They should probably withdraw the “Pots” functionality completely, until JA have Pots which can be shared.

Makes no sense to be able to see personal Pots balance in the JA screen (as @tomsr) said.

2 Likes

I think this sounds like the right approach. Create a pot and then choose if you want to share it with the joint party. At that point the pot becomes jointly owned (both can amend, delete etc).

Then if you have a Joint balance it would be the account and any shared pots.

Until then remove the functionality and remove pots from the balance when in ‘joint’ mode.

4 Likes

Though personally I think these problems are already solved by existing banks. You have a list of accounts and when you select the account you see it’s transactions. You can then add to this a ‘total holdings’ balance that aggregates it all together. Having two locations rather than parent/child locations doesnt feel right.

Agreed, this implementation seems very strange to me, and at odds with how we’re expected to use pots.

Surely the idea of pots in the CA is to segregate money away from your main balance…having them make up part of the total displayed balance in the JA seems completely wrong.

I don’t really understand the logic of showing Pots funds (single-person, segregated funds) as part of the JA fund (which, surely, should only be made up of the funds solely within that Joint account?)

Perhaps I’m missing an obvious piece of functionality here, but I hope this get changed before general release…

2 Likes

I think it’s just mirroring that current logic and has not been updated correctly yet.

But the pots amount is in the ‘total’ field not the JA balance. So if it was referencing joint pots it would actually be correct.

(Image removed as it was still showing my account number) thanks @Mattyboy7110

While I can see the confusion, I think it works well as is if you use your two accounts correctly. Pots should only have your savings in, so seeing this balance in the JA means you can see what you can move around to cover any bills.

Maybe I’m trying to convince myself here though :joy:

It’s at times like this I wish I was a designer :joy:. I have a clear idea in my head but my hands have nowhere near the ability to do it justice :expressionless:

1 Like

That was what it sounded like to me :joy:

Agreed!

Behold the power of poperpoint :joy:

IDfBLlNTWAAE8Cz--2IMG_5DF94AA22485-1

I would like the JA Card to show the real card to make it easier to see which account I’m looking at

4 Likes

I would like to see the card image removed :man_shrugging:t2:

I’m in folks!

In the JA, I can select “Switch to Monzo” which allows me to Continue - but there’s a note that it doesn’t work with Joint Accounts.

However, it’s available to select in the JA environment, so - which is it? And should I try anyway?!

1 Like

My abilities never cease to amaze me:

Edit - removing account number :man_facepalming:t2:
Edit - account number removed :roll_eyes:

What are we looking at here?

1 Like

FYI, blanking out details like that don’t stop them from being read. I won’t say how, but it’s very easy.

Even it is saved as a flat png?

Yep

Care to PM so I can decide if I should be deleting them :joy: