Exchange rates

If you upgrade to the current account, will the same mastercard exchange will be used as with the prepaid card?

how about ATM withdrawals?

(Jolin) #2

Yes to both. The current account features everything the prepaid card had. The one thing currently missing is top-ups, but these will return shortly. As the current account is a bank account, though, you get lots of other things including Faster Payments support, so you can transfer funds to the account from another bank until top-ups return. Or you can wait to convert to the current account until top-ups are available, they should be back in a few weeks.

(Colin Robinson) #3

ATM withdrawals will be changing for overseas.

(Jolin) #4

Yes, but so is the prepaid card, so there’s no difference here. Actually, there’s a difference in that with the prepaid card you can withdraw up to £200 in one transaction for free, but with the current account you can withdraw up to £200 for free in as many transactions as you like.

Hi, so that means that when i abroad can withdraw 200 pounds as many times as i want during my travel for free instead of 200 per month for free with the prepaid?

(Jolin) #6

No, still only £200 in any 30-day period. But with the prepaid card, this has to be in one transaction. If you have two withdrawals of £50 in two days, this will be fee-free on the current account. On the prepaid card, you would be charged a 3% fee on the second £50 withdrawal.

(MikeF) #7

No. You can withdraw as many times as you want for free up to a total of £200 in 30 days.

Any money above the £200 limit within a 30 day period will result in a fee of 3%.

(system) #8

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.