Exchange rates

If you upgrade to the current account, will the same mastercard exchange will be used as with the prepaid card?

how about ATM withdrawals?

Yes to both. The current account features everything the prepaid card had. The one thing currently missing is top-ups, but these will return shortly. As the current account is a bank account, though, you get lots of other things including Faster Payments support, so you can transfer funds to the account from another bank until top-ups return. Or you can wait to convert to the current account until top-ups are available, they should be back in a few weeks.

4 Likes

ATM withdrawals will be changing for overseas.

Yes, but so is the prepaid card, so there’s no difference here. Actually, there’s a difference in that with the prepaid card you can withdraw up to £200 in one transaction for free, but with the current account you can withdraw up to £200 for free in as many transactions as you like.

Hi, so that means that when i abroad can withdraw 200 pounds as many times as i want during my travel for free instead of 200 per month for free with the prepaid?

No, still only £200 in any 30-day period. But with the prepaid card, this has to be in one transaction. If you have two withdrawals of £50 in two days, this will be fee-free on the current account. On the prepaid card, you would be charged a 3% fee on the second £50 withdrawal.

1 Like

No. You can withdraw as many times as you want for free up to a total of £200 in 30 days.

Any money above the £200 limit within a 30 day period will result in a fee of 3%.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.