ESG to be standardised?

Interesting article from the FT regarding ESG and greenwashing. Thought I’d share and make people aware.

1 Like

For those of us who don’t have a Scooby about what ESG is, I’ve pre-Googled it for you.

Not hugely understanding how it impacts on Monzo, as they don’t invest their cash, but hey ho.

8 Likes

Ah, so you’re the other person who didn’t (in my case, still doesn’t) have the foggiest :face_with_raised_eyebrow::smirk:

2 Likes

I didn’t know either. Can’t be bothered to read three pages of article.

Can you precis please @CuriousGeorge?

Shouldn’t it be ESCG? Or is that already taken?

:man_shrugging:

I mean I shared it because I thought it was worth a read… :upside_down_face:

This is the ESG I like…

ESCG is used by East Sussex College

certainly possible for multiple entities to utilise the same acronym for different things though.

No thanks then. If you can’t be bothered to explain why you thought it’s worth my time, I can’t be bothered to read it.

2 Likes

But it’s worth your time to reply?

1 Like

In short it is about Environmental Social Governance (ESG) investments and how there should be a set standard as many funds are greenwashing. Greenwashing in terms of not being transparent how clean the the companies are when being invested in.

1 Like

This feels awfully niche…:confused:

1 Like

It is but it is becoming increasingly popular, more so by the younger generation.

Maybe this article might get people thinking differently about ESG / environmental investing.

This has been a bugbear for green investments since forever. All we need really is a simple way to see if a fund matches our criteria for acceptability. Impossible for the average consumer without a solid standard.

This thread shows that ESG is not exactly a widely discussed topic yet, but I think the heat around it is only just going up.

2 Likes

ESG, ethical and impact investing unpacked and discussed here

Fintech Insider Podcast by 11:FS: 466. Insights: ESG and sustainable investing - the ethical future of finance

2 Likes

This article is a good intro about the difference between ESG and impacting investing for dummies.

1 Like