Donating monthly to Monzo

This is usually due to society creating a situation where service workers are expected to top up their lower salaries through hoping people are generous. An A&E person gets paid the same regardless of how well they do. You could hand them some cash or gift if you felt they did a good job, a lot of businesses they can’t really accept them under contract thought as its see as a bribe.

There’s also the case of who is receiving the tip and if that matters to you, if it’s going into the person/people that actually helped provide the service, or to their employer to either be spread between all employees or kept by the business.

Charities and people in need rely largely on donations to help fund them so I feel thats different from tipping.

I’m sure if there was a way to say “donate” to :apple: you would have loyal customers chucking their cash at them.

:crossed_fingers: I would hope most people would help their local charities first if they really have disposable cash, and not chuck it at large businesses where it helps fund someones Tesla.

1 Like

I really hope we haven’t reached this point. It’s just too depressing to contemplate.

As NHS staff we are not allowed to accept tips…we have to declare boxes of chocolates etc…we have a spreadsheet…

5 Likes

We don’t declare the boxes of sweets and chocolates :see_no_evil: Our directorate is thankfully a bit easier on that

Had an entire office full at Christmas :grin:

3 Likes

If you want to support Monzo financially, put your donation in a pot and wait to see if there’s another crowdfunding round!

3 Likes

I wish ours were! Everything has to be sent through our reception staff and added to the spreadsheet. Patients find it a little upsetting sometimes that they want to thank the staff, but we have to tell them to either hand it in at reception, or we walk around with them and hand it in together. It’s barmy :frowning:

2 Likes

I do things that sounds like pushing the rules to the extreme. I understand not accepting tips but a box of chocolates that is probably put straight in the staff break room is pushing it

We don’t even have a staff room! :rofl: Those are the rules here in my trust so we just have to live with them!

Fair play to the op for stimulating a debate.

I can’t say I’d be up for it, but just shows you how could Monzo’s marketing and brand is that some would consider it.

Ok…

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: Removed Posts - January

Monzo is a bank not a charity they not even registered as one and nor do I think they will be.

I have removed a few posts.

Please could we avoid going off topic :slight_smile:

If you have flagged something, please leave it at that and we will deal with it - there isn’t a need to discuss the alleged “wrongdoing” in reply the post :+1:

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Removed Posts - January

Depending how the op sees it…

Monzo could mean a lot to them if the services they’ve offered have helped them get out of debt or get into a more stable financial position through gambling block (example).
So maybe they just want to thank monzo as they are grateful for what’s been offered.

As a standard though, no company should get donations.

That would be a tip, not a donation.

2 Likes

And of course the most effective way to do that is to remain a customer. That’s all the bank wants from you. :grinning:

4 Likes

I’m going to throw my hat in with something quite controversial :stuck_out_tongue:

Haven’t many on here already donated to Monzo (and other FinTechs) through their crowdfunding and investor programmes???

Just playing devil’s advocate :grin: :grin: :grin:

I think anyone that invested hopes to get more back than they put in

1 Like