Does Monzo offer a joint account?

9 Likes

See. Constant moaning does work :wink:

6 Likes

Amazing. Trying so hard to work out what’s what from the screenshots!

Is the joint account essentially just the total of both of your personal accounts? It has a different account number, but the transactions are the same on the personal and joint account (or is that just because of placeholder transactions and early designs?).

Pretty excited for this. I’m looking forward to seeing what ideas and solutions they’ve come up with for a digital joint account! :raised_hands:t3:

7 Likes

Thanks for the bigger screenshot! Very exciting.

I notice that in the joint bit, it’s showing which transactions were made by Jonas. So I’m thinking the transactions on the ‘Personal account’ aren’t quite right.

I’d either expect them to be completely different, as per a standard joint account. Or if it’s treating the joint as an accumulation of both personal accounts, then I wouldn’t expect to see Sainsbury’s, Yard Sale Pizza or Spotify on the ‘Personal account’.

I don’t think you can read that into the transactions. I think it’s a set of sample transactions they’ve reused in the joint account view, to demonstrate how an overlay will indicate when someone else made the transaction. But assume those two transaction lists are completely different (since they are different accounts).

1 Like

Agree. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s quite unclear how you actually trigger that UI to appear? Where is the button?

2 Likes

Definitely way too soon to worry about that, but I’d imagine holding down on the Account button would trigger it. Like switching accounts in Twitter or Instagram.

5 Likes

Was just surprising as Monzo’s design team usually spend a lot of time thinking though the detail of how it could work etc. Otherwise there’s not much point designing it - if they don’t expect it to work this way - it could just be on a list of possible features.

Yes, thinking about adoption, or Switching, I’d switch current accounts to Monzo with my wife if there shared Pots, thats adoption x 2!

1 Like

Finally shared accounts looks to be close! Hope we get it soon could use it for holidays. Will finally be able to close our shared HSBC account.

3 Likes

Fantastic news! Looks like we’ll be migrating to monzo as our main bank soon :):blush:

3 Likes

Finally! This is the only thing that has prevented me from going #FullMonzo. 99% of my banking activity happens through an account that the wife and I share which has meant that I could only use Monzo with a little of my own pocket money to play around with. In my mind this couldn’t come sooner!

4 Likes

Hopefully this is released soon. I want to move to Monzo completely and this will make me do it.

Have just set up an account to see how it works and tracks money. But for me to make full use of Monzo I would need a joint account with my husband. We have one pot of money that all our spending comes out of so it is not an option to split this across two separate accounts. Fingers crossed this is on the development map for the near future.

I’m guessing there are no plans to offer packaged accounts? Seem to remember seeing it’s something Monzo didn’t see much value in.

It’s not on our roadmap :slight_smile:

The development in joint accounts has been staggering to watch from a non developer point of view. We are definitely working on it :muscle:

I’m not sure how or when it will surface though, watch this space :eyes:

4 Likes

Any more sneak peeks @BethS? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

You’ll have to keep your eyes peeled :eyes:

4 Likes